LAND ON any CARRIER , REPAIR & REARM, TAKEOFF AND ROLLOVER !

Lineaxe

The F18 rolls heavily to the left and reset of the  FCS switch does nothing . Pushing the Rudder trim button does nothing, of course since it it an elevator issue .. No idea how to stop the F18 from doing suicidal roll overs after 1) Landing at Carrier  2) getting repaired, refueled & rearmed 3) ReStarting up the F18 and getting cleared to takeoff from SO . 

All goes well , I am up in the air , and then the suicidal left roll over starts up. 

It does it every time I restart up and fly off of any of the carriers it seems. 

Flying 270 Degrees OR 90 Degrees makes no difference , it still constantly rolls to the left every time after I restart the F18 on a carrier. 

I just looked at the joystick and HOTAS controls on upper left of screen , they are all centered correctly. I then hit F2 and looked outside at the elevator & rudders positions , and they are centered . THUS , I have quickly deduced it as being a very frustrating SOFTWARE BUG!

Edited by Lineaxe

Hi,

I can't run track files as it is a Moose based lua mission.   I can help with other types of troubleshooting as I have programmed in C++ for over 30 years now ( but it might also be a Lua code problem and I have just started programming in that language about 10 months or so ago, ** it won't be a bug in any of the Lua I have created).  None of The Carriers are spawned and I don't know what might cause the jet to not restart with the correct parameters.  I am thinking that the roll  comes after I use Auto Shutdown and Auto restart it. (At which point I then communicate with the Carrier via ATC and get permission to takeoff ,etc).

Edited by Lineaxe
updated content

Is this your mission?

Only time I have experienced similar was an online server that had armament restrictions. If you loaded a banned weapon, or too many, plane piles into ground after takeoff.

Have no idea what script that server was running, just a thought really.

trks are automatically created and saved, running them is possible for anyone. Wether it shows correctly what happens is a completely different question though, often not, but no reason to rule it out before you tried. Elsewise a list of 1,2,3 steps to reproduce would be helpful. Im not even what the steps are from the story in the OP. Any asymetry or weather?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Well,  the tracks get created with numbers in them instead of the actual Group:Unit name  and then they don't play out . Now I was told this a info while ago and was also told to get Tacview to watch over the action. Now, A copy the mission is online here at ed forums  under the name   ChopU-H-Nightmulti.miz .  That might help out with figuring out why the F18 Takes off with a Roll after landing on carriers. I am now tending to think it might be in part of the Auto Startup Procedure ? Would that create a Roll when the ailerons are centered & the joystick controls are centered ?  I have noticed this particular problem for a few months now.  ...well ever since I got better at landing on carriers anyhow 🙂

Edited by Lineaxe

Just now, Lineaxe said:

Well,  the tracks get created with numbers in them instead of the actual Group:Unit name  and then they don't play out . Now I was told this a info while ago and was also told to get Tacview to watch over the action. Now, A copy the mission is online here at ed forums  under the name   ChopU-H-Nightmulti.miz .  That might help out with figuring out why the F18 Takes off with a Roll after landing on carriers. I am now tending to think it might be in part of the Auto Startup Procedure ? Would that create a Roll when the ailerons are centered, the joystick controls are centered ?

That's not accurate.. just post the track. 

There is weather and some wind   , I did try switching directions to see if the wind affected anything . I could do a test without weather conditions to see if that clears up this weird roll .

Just got a reply.  Ok , I will run a single player version of the mission and get a Track up here after doing just a couple of Runs through the process to keep trk short.   Didn't know I could use data from it as well, but that does kinda make sense!

Just completed 10 take off and landings in the Hornet from the Supercarrier today - all with rearm and refuels, some switching ordinance, some simply rearming with the same loadout.  Absolutely no issues whatsoever with roll / roll rate of the aircraft.

Seems like an isolated incident (with your mission or not completing a procedure properly).  Hopefully you can post a track replay and someone can view it and assist you with your issue.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

heh ok the jets and missiles are taking me down for a bit , but  I will get a good mission over to the Carrier Fleet and post the track !!  I tried sneaking away from the Airfield but it didn't work  ...

OH ,  I have to rearm when I refuel I do  the loadout  before I shut down & park, then I startup fully loaded. I have looked into the payload issue while I fly & should be flying straight. In fact , a lot of missions I just land fully loaded and thus don't need to change the load and the problem still persists. 

Now before I upload any track .I want to fore mention the following points.

1) Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing.

2) I know there is an automated way of scoring , however , if I don't get a score,

-if there are no flames or smoke

- if there are no warning beeps and buzzers

I give myself a score !

3) just because the Landing Signal Officer waves me off , doesn't mean I gonna wave off.

4) plopping down onto carrier deck is just as good!

whew! now with that out of the way I will upload a track  (so don't judge the flying)

...    ... Now after taking off I am now not rolling at all , It may be I didn't have the handbrake on while doing the AutoStartup or something to do with the ins  I don't know , still new the dcs World of things, anyhow  this is the first time ever I have successfully landed and then taken off from any of the carriers without a Roll !😱 

update:

I have discovered what it was that I needed to be doing. I had to set the Handbrake on  before I do any Auto StartUp sequence. Now the ins has actually Finished correctly a couple of times , I was fiddling with stuff on the right mfd , don't know if that was part of it.  Anyhow, this thread can be moved to another area and considered SOLVED. Thanks for all the support !!

Edited by Lineaxe

Hi  , I have been testing all the Carrier's and got as far as   73 the Washington Carrier. Now, I have tried twice on it in a row with same Jet/Settings I have used on all the other ones. I get the severe roll over . I will reboot and see if the setting goes away, but that rollover came back. 

On both these trips, I had a Successful startup, payings particular attention the the  Parking brk and INS initialization. No problems were reported. Still I rolled heavily to the left. Now, This  is after over a dozen or so successful landing/shutdown/repair/reload/startup/takeoff sequences on both the 71 & 72 carriers.