Update - Checking interest on DCS: IADS (Integrated Air Defense Network) - Part 2

I did not see the original Post about this, the Poll.

My vote is Yes.

Is this something that would be part of a Dynamic Campaign, or added on later? I could see this as a paid add-don to enhance a dynamic campaign, you have to make money.

The result would  the best most immersive modern war simulator ever made. Every mission would be different, and it wont matter if your in a Tank a Ship Sub or Aircraft.

• Like 1

That all sounds pretty good to me. If I had one thing that I'd change, it'd be that the "Radar coverage computation and display" should also be a core feature, as it's really an important thing to know when you're placing down units. I would consider it an extension of the "Sensor range" line we have in the Mission Editor already.

Also I'd argue that the IADS Generator would probably be a feature of the IADS Module, not a Core item. Best leave that stuff to the professionals, right?

I look forward to seeing what you end up developing for the Electronic Warfare additions, especially if things like Radio jamming affect how units maneuver and react when they don't know what other units/elements are doing/seeing.

• Like 5

Absolutely yes, as long as it doesn't divide the MP community, it'll be a day one buy for me.  Good to see some long requested features will also be added to support this as well.  Additionally with any luck this will force ED to revisit the SAM's in the game and give them a proper CFD work over, and guidance rebuild, which they have desperately needed for nearly a decade now.

Edited by nighthawk2174

Thanks for keeping us updated @NineLine 🙂

If this is going to happen, it will be a big improvement for DCS. Can't tell how much im looking forward to this!

• Like 2

bts_100.jpg.22eae5ddd2a463fc09375990ad043870.jpg

Hardware: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX | Ryzen 5 3600X (6*3.8 Ghz) | 16 GB RAM | MSI Radeon RX5700 | Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB | Win 10 (64-bit) TM Warthog HOTAS, MFD and rudder pedals, TrackIR5

Wishlist:  Northern Germany/Baltic Sea theater | DCS level Su-25A or SM

4 hours ago, NineLine said:

• New types of trigger zones: Lines (borders), Circles (including lower/upper altitude boundaries), Polygons (including lower/upper altitude boundaries)
  • New drawing tools

YEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

So many have been waiting for this feature for ages, it's fantastic that it's getting implemented to the core.

Is there any more detail on the drawing tools? Will we be able to place icons (such as NATO Joint Military Symbology), arrows etc? Kinda like that infantry focused sim?

Overall it sounds like this is going to be a very awesome addition to DCS!

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 6

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

I really like what I read there! These are exactly the things I would love to see in DCS!

I'm just a bit worried about the performance impact of all those IADS computations.

• Like 5

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

As long it's something like CA where you cannot take control but everything works thats OK.

Something rediculus like "people without the module will not be engaged or be able to destroy IADS SAMs" is unacceptable.

It cannot limit people ability to fly or edit the mission (you can lock out the fancy features in the editor, but don't wipe them out if someone edits the mission)

• Like 1

A small milestone and a clear point at which DCS would have a unique selling point. Sounds great!

• Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I was going to write about some wishlist-things back then but was too busy, if I have the time I will do it tying this IADS idea with that as well, nothing new perhaps overall, but it may offer some bits of thought and maybe helps out with the direction/focus.

• Like 1

Getting back in action!

1st.: PC Specs WIP: Win10P 2004 (20H1), 1440p@75"32 - MB: Asus ROG Strix X-570E - CPU: AMD Ryzen ... - GPU: AMD Radeon ... - RAM: 64 GB - SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe

2nd.: PC Specs: Win10P 2004 (20H1), 1440p@75"32 - MB: Asus P9X79 - CPU: Intel i7 3820 - RAM: 32GB - GPU: AMD Radeon RX480 8GB - SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB (DCS), Input: Saitek Cyborg X/FLY5

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP.

Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Yes 🙂

• Like 1

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube

Yes.

Whatever expends the posibilities to create immersive missions with no fly zones and border protection will get my vote. Also see an immens upgrade if this integrates into dynamic campaigns

• Like 1