Flight Model like this ->

Terzi

Probably this thread about FLCS goes ignored also, but I will keep asking because the flight model and the takeoff-landing physics are the most important thing to me in a simulator. More than any weapon system. In order to understand your airplane better, your airplane should not lie to you.

Here I would like to note that current flight model isn't terrible. People can live with that and ED can just go on with other things. But:

Please see the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPn4iBCI9Mo

Before the takeoff roll the nose will pitch up and down depending on brakes and thrust. See the part just before takeoff. Similar to MiG-29 in DCS.

During the slow speed + high AoA + high rate rolls you can see the angular momentum and adverse yaw effects. Beginning of the roll - end of the roll. See 7:35-7:50

Also please reduce the scripted behavior in flight model and prefer more advanced numerical based solutions applied together with FLCS.

I really enjoyed every moment watching this video and thinking about the flight model of the Viper. I really really hope that our Viper flight model in DCS evolves to this.

• Like 1

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

There's just a thread where ED said the flight model is going to be reviewed/tweaked:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/259072-lower-lift-curve-slope-than-in-real-life-more-induced-drag/?ct=1610903807

The Viper is still WIP, i would raise concern/complain only if the module is declared out of EA or complete without a flight model corresponding to public data. We just need to be patient as they carry on with development.
Regards

Sent from my MI 10 Lite 5G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

Change a flight model based on some internet video showing a cockpit rear view and some assumptions being basing on it.

I'm afraid you've got to deliver something reliable.

Oh sorry I forgot who is the boss here.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

On 1/17/2021 at 7:42 AM, Terzi said:

Please see the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPn4iBCI9Mo

During the slow speed + high AoA + high rate rolls you can see the angular momentum and adverse yaw effects. Beginning of the roll - end of the roll. See 7:35-7:50

When you say "angular" are you referring to the yaw of the back end of the jet?   If so... that is not from "adverse" yaw condition as much as it is from the pilot introducing the rudder during that maneuver..

On 1/18/2021 at 2:28 AM, Desert Fox said:

A flight model is a complex mathematical construct. We gonna change the flight model by guessing all this numbers by rule of thumb? Or gut feeling?

I'm all in for a better flight model, but there's simply nothing of use in that video and if you think there's something wrong, you simply got to deliver more.

100% this... 

• Thanks 1