Creating livery for MI-8!

2 minutes ago, golani79 said:

You can get the template here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/texture_templates/mi-8_template/

The pattern itself you have to figure out with help of reference photos .. as the camouflage patterns are not the same with every livery.

Thanks, whats EVU texture ?

Edited by segax

Not entirley sure - my guess would be exhaust filters or something like that.

Haven´t done a Mi-8 livery yet - you could just colorize it bright red / green or something like that and check in the model viewer which part it exactly is.

Think they are removeable - so not sure if they are visible in the model viewer by default.

4 minutes ago, golani79 said:

Haven´t done a Mi-8 livery yet - you could just colorize it bright red / green or something like that and check in the model viewer which part it exactly is.

Think they are removeable - so not sure if they are visible in the model viewer by default.

Ok, yeah they are removable.

48 minutes ago, golani79 said:

I have one more question, when im creating livery with two colors and i want to my pattern with one color go exactly like in real life, how i can inspect livery on model ? 

You´ll need to open the shape of the Mi-8 in the modelviewer - modelviewer2.exe can be found in the following path \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin

The shape you can find here: \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\World\Shapes\MI-8MT_lod0.EDM --> the higher the LOD number the less detailed so just load lod0

In the modelviewer open up the liveries tool, select the Mi-8 and then you can choose your skin to test it - you´ll have to place it in a corresponding folder and also have a description.lua for it.

You can check out how this stuff should look like by taking a look at already existing skins on your harddrive which can be found here \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Liveries\mi-8mt

tlHq4o4.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, golani79 said:

You´ll need to open the shape of the Mi-8 in the modelviewer - modelviewer2.exe can be found in the following path \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin

The shape you can find here: \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\World\Shapes\MI-8MT_lod0.EDM --> the higher the LOD number the less detailed so just load lod0

In the modelviewer open up the liveries tool, select the Mi-8 and then you can choose your skin to test it - you´ll have to place it in a corresponding folder and also have a description.lua for it.

You can check out how this stuff should look like by taking a look at already existing skins on your harddrive which can be found here \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Liveries\mi-8mt

tlHq4o4.jpg

Thanks, i made Bosnian livery and Republic of Srpska livery .. 

• Like 1