[SOLVED] Axis to Button not detected between 99% & 100% axis extent (only in DCS, not MSFS)

I have a VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, with a joystick button press assigned to one axis, when the axis is at 99% or 100% range the button is held. Deadzone is set to 0%. In DCS and Microsoft Flight Simulator, the axis itself works fine, and smoothly transitions from 99% to 100%, even though its a tiny amount what can I say Virpil have a nice throttle with hardly any noise (much less than 1%).

However the button is being correctly detected in MSFS (as well as the Virpil testing software) as being depressed all the time when the axis is pushed to 100%, but in DCS it only detects when you move from through 99% to 98%, it never detects it at 100%.

The problem is I am trying to assign the button to raised flaps at 100% axis, which does not work in DCS, I have to find that sweet spot around 98/99% which is fiddly. In MSFS as soon as 100% is reached the button displays as fully depressed and remains depressed until you slide out to 98%.

I have tested from the Settings in DCS and MSFS on the main screens, before and after loading a flight, so it's not realated to individual aircraft.

Edited by Thorsfury

• 4 weeks later...

It's taken me a few hours but I have a solution. I had to make axis range 0%-96% (NOT 97%, 98% or 99%) activate a button which I mapped to aft speed brake, and 100% axis range activate another button which i mapped to forward speed brake.

Seems like 97% and higher on the first button was too close to 100% which was causing issues with DCS separating the two buttons.

Phew, that's great as I can have the same assignments as MSFS and reduce the mental workload between aircraft

Edited by Thorsfury

• Thorsfury changed the title to [SOLVED] Axis to Button not detected between 99% & 100% axis extent (only in DCS, not MSFS)