Completely messed up HOT on mixed elevation terrain

Flying mission 10 of TEW campaign. Involves rocket and dumb bomb use.

I'm finding with the TGP as SOI (and as the active SPI sensor as indicated in the lower left-hand corner of the HUD) and an active firing laser, the aircraft is getting the slant range COMPLETELY wrong in both CCIP and CCRP. I'm talking off in range 500ft plus. This missions engagements largely take place over mixed terrain. Is it possible the A10 is erroneously using radar altimeter data instead of laser slant range to establish height over target?

Also, on a side note, why are trees invincible? I'm supposed to kill infantry in the woods and I've pumped the same copse of trees with:

1. 7 WP rockets

2. 1 mk82

3. 800rds cannon

4. 3 HE rockets

I know I'm on target because the last few passes I put labels on to make sure I was hitting where I was aiming (after adjusting for the fact that the aircraft thought they were at a lower altitude due to the fact that the copse of trees is on a hill). 

WTH? These parts of this module are way too old to be having these kinds of issues. I'd post the track but these missions are long so the track file is huge. If other people are seeing this I'll make a range setup in the ME and try to replicate the mission on a smaller scale to get a track up.

I get it people love the new toys, but a lot of us out here still like being able to do things with unguided weapons. Seems like they get the shaft in DCS for the shinier stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel your frustrations, I've come across this on lots of occasion when trying to trying to kill stuff hidden under trees. I've hit infantry with the 30mm before and they have just shrugged it off. When the infantry shoot back they seem to also fire something a lot larger that 7.62 calibre out of their rifles based on the size of the tracers and the dust they kick up. The lack of splash damage is probably at the core of all this to be honest and i think its one of those DCS things that has been promised over and over to be fixed eventually but never seems to quite make it into any patches.

With regards to the CCIP/CCRP thing I'm not sure what is going on there, the only thing I can suggest is try flipping the Baro switch to delta, but I'm not 100% sure this would even work as I think the height data comes from the internal data in the NAV/CDU and not the jet.

Have your tried manually entering your hot instead of relying on the terrain database?  Your tgp with laser should give an accurate elevation for your target markpoint, but it dts mode I still think the terrain database will impact ccip.  Set manual hot to the correct elevation and try again. 

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Before the recent open beta patch the CCIP system was only using the radar altimeter altitude for height above target calculations which is why bombs were not landing on the pipper in varying terrain elevations. Post update the system has been updated to incorporate the DTS so now the pipper much more accurately shows where the bomb will hit. Unfortunately they did not keep the old implementation for the radar mode with the ALT SCE switch.