Commissioned Naval Sailing Vessels

Hawkeye60

Commissioned Naval Sailing Vessels

Brought to you by Markindel, and myself.

Re-born for 2.5.6

These are the few  Commissioned Naval Sailing Vessels

left traversing the oceans today.

All are now used for museums, educational outreach, historical demonstration, and active participation in public events.

They are also used as training vessels.

As Mario created them, they were not armed.

I have corrected that over-site.....😁

The guns are best used as a "Broadside" attack,

This is How they were used in war.

The guns will fire through the sides of the ship otherwise.

This is a code issue being worked on for a up-date.

The models are from cad nav.

The code and model work, Mario.

Gun animation and all other errors are my own.

Beautiful ship!

OvGME ready.

Saved games location install

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rac3eub7gfhf6b/USS Constitution V1.2.7z?dl=0

1/19/2021

New additions!

These are both the work of Markindel, (Mario)

First up,

HMS Victory

HMS Victory is a 104-gun first-rate ship of the line of the Royal Navy, ordered in 1758, laid down in 1759 and launched in 1765. She is best known for her role as Lord Nelson's flagship at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805.

She additionally served as Keppel's flagship at Ushant, Howe's flagship at Cape Spartel and Jervis's flagship at Cape St Vincent. After 1824, she was relegated to the role of harbour ship.

In 1922, she was moved to a dry dock at Portsmouth, England, and preserved as a museum ship. She has been the flagship of the First Sea Lord since October 2012 and is the world's oldest naval ship still in commission.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ecmskvprcucwiio/HMS Victory V1.2.rar?dl=0

Next,

Italian training ship Amerigo Vespucci

Other than during World War II, the Amerigo Vespucci has been continually active. Most of her training cruises are in European waters, but she has also sailed to North and South America, and navigated the Pacific. In 2002, she undertook a voyage around the world.

The Amerigo Vespucci often takes part in sailing parades and Tall Ships' Races, where she is in amicable rivalry with the Gorch Fock. When she is berthed in port, public tours of the vessel are usually offered.

While sailing the Mediterranean Sea in 1962, the American aircraft carrier USS Independence flashed the Amerigo Vespucci with the light signal asking: "Who are you?" The full-rigged ship answered: "Training ship Amerigo Vespucci, Italian Navy." The Independence replied: "You are the most beautiful ship in the world."

I must agree!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1n9g3zij74dqol/Amerigo Vespucci V1.5.rar?dl=0

Please note, As Mario made these, they were not armed.

I have corrected that oversight.....😁

His models come from Cadnav.

All others from sketch-fab or  3D warehouse and have a creative commons license.

Last, but not least,

A bonus!

Historic Sailing ships!

For eye candy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4t3i5bvuom4eewk/Historic Sailing Ships V1.0.rar?dl=0

Enjoy!

HMS-Victory.jpg

HMS-Victoryb.jpg

HMS-Victoryc.jpg

Amerigo-Vespucci.jpg

Amerigo-Vespuccib.jpg

HMS-Victoryd.jpg

historic1.jpg

historic2.jpg

historic3.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USS Constitution .jpg

USS Constitution b.jpg

More to come.....

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 3

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

First post up-dated!

New additions!

With thanks to Markindel!

Grazi!

Ah nice. Ol'Ironsides, the oldest commissioned warship still afloat. Any plans to do other sailing vessels like the USCGC Eagle?

I would be willing to make this IF I have a good model.

All I have found cost CASH........

I have none.....LOL

Supply the model, I will make it so!

Cheers!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 months later...

Hello "Hawkeye60"

Great job, it's wonderful to have the historic sailboats in DCS, it's a great idea !!

Just to point out a small problem with USS Constitution, the rowboats are not complete.

t73a.png

An idea ?