MISSION EDITOR unit picking mechanism - improvement possible?

Hippo

After having a particularly frustrating interaction with the ME last night (described here), might I humbly suggest that the mechanism for picking / moving units / groups could do with some improvement?

Where there are many unit icons (and possibly waypoints) in close proximity that overlap:

One click (and specifically release) of the mouse button switches between the primary unit only of each group, and marks the entire group as selected.  Clicking and dragging (no release) will then move the selected entire group and will never move a subunit individually.

If the intention is to select a waypoint it may be worth considering the use of a combination key for selection, to differentiate these actions.

If the user's intention is to work with individual units, then this can be achieved by zooming in so that units no longer overlap.  At this point selection of a unit should move only that unit, and never the entire group.

This is coming off the cuff, so apologies if I've overlooked some detail that makes the above impossible / impractical.  But as stated I find the current mechanism somewhat suboptimal.

P.S.  Also,  it would be nice if in drop downs like the trigger actions it could be possible to use the keyboard to type the letters of the required action to get to it more quickly (as opposed to only being able to get there with the scroll bar).

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals