Aim-9X Cueing Logic in Different Radar Modes

naizarak

With HMD enabled and no targets tracked on radar, the Aim-9x can be aimed by placing its "FOV circle" visually through the helmet sight.  Holding Cage/uncage will cause it to track a target (working as expected).  With a target locked in ACM, the seeker is automatically slaved to the radar.  Looking around with the HMD does not display the "FOV circle" and the seeker continues following the radar (working as expected).

The problem starts when tracking a target in LTWS, STT, or TWS.  In these cases, the seeker will be slaved to the radar only when looking forward through the HUD.  Looking around with the HMD will cause the missile to stop being radar-slaved, and display the "FOV circle".  However, it is impossible to lock a target and the cage/uncage doesn't work.  It's as if the radar-slaving and HMD tracking are conflicting with each other and cancelling out.

I suspect there is either an implementation flaw and the seeker should be radar-slaved at all times as with ACM, or the HMD is meant to override radar-slaving and the cage/uncage button is simply bugged.

aim9x.trk

• ED Team

We do have this reported already, there will be some changes made to how the AIM-9 Seeker works with cage uncage in future patches. 

I can not say when yet however. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2