Game refuses to load with TrackIR running.

Whirlaway

I am at my wit's end. I recently (last update) found my gamer (openbeta) will not load. I couldn't figure out why until I accidentally tried to launch the game before I opened TrackIR and it worked. Since then, I have 100% repeatability in loading WITHOUT TrackIR and 100% failure to load WITH TrackIR running. If I start the game and load TrackIR while in game, the game goes to a black screen and locks up. 

I am running both TrackIR and DCS as an admin and have fully removed and reinstalled both multiple times. Nothing I do seems to change this. 

Is ANYone else experiencing this? If so, is there a fix or workaround? 

I literally am never going to play this game without TrackIR, so if this can't work, then every module I have is useless. 

Hi. Please reproduce the bug (launch TrackIR app first, then DCS), and wait 2 minutes before killing the game if it's still active.

Then attach your dcs.log file ( C:\Users\your-name\Saved Games\DCS...\Logs\dcs.log ).

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Oh, crap. You're having the 10+ peripherals crash. This bug hasn't been fixed yet.

ALERT   Dispatcher: Error starting Game GUI: [string "./MissionEditor/MissionEditor.lua"]:86: invalid order function for sorting

Apparently, you can unplug the TrackIR, launch the game, then plug the TrackIR and it should work.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

Oh, crap. You're having the 10+ peripherals crash. This bug hasn't been fixed yet.

ALERT   Dispatcher: Error starting Game GUI: [string "./MissionEditor/MissionEditor.lua"]:86: invalid order function for sorting

Apparently, you can unplug the TrackIR, launch the game, then plug the TrackIR and it should work.

Thank you! I will try it. It’s weird though. I have not added any peripheral, and have been fine for years. Should I unplug one? Like an mfd or something? 

This was it! I simply unplugged an MFD and launched the game and it loaded just fine with TrackIR working. It sucks that I am down an MFD, but it's the peripheral I could most afford to lose. 

I hope they get this bug fixed soon!

In the mean time, thank you Flappie for your help with this and so many other issues other people have!