Joni

As per the manual, the SA page should display on its datablock the NCTR print of offboard donors like AWACS. It doesn't currently.

Track attached.

sa page nctr offboard.trk

Edited by Joni
  • Like 1

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

For further help I noticed that FF offboard do show in both SA page and AZ EL. But SURV offboard only shows in AZ EL.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

+1

Yeah, this is noted my end too. 

Why would the AWACS Type ID not be available in the SA page? But is on AZ/EL? They should surely sync and provide integrated information?

I’ve noticed that the Type ID is always available on the AZ/EL , even in situations where there’s no FF data. Perhaps the AZ/EL is ‘cheating’ because it’s WIP? 

This has been marked as correct but it’s difficult to understand why. 

As a side note, I’m finding awacs never prints the type ID of a non-PPLI contact on the SA page. Even non-link 16 friendlies don’t have an ID. Surely AWACS would know and can publish? 
And for others, doesn’t he have a NCTR system that allows ID? What range does this work? Is that the issue? When Link 16 was first introduced SURV only contacts used to sometimes have ID , now never.......

Curious to know the mechanics of how this is implemented vs real world. 

• Like 1

This is 100% a bug. The SA, Attack Radar, and Az/El formats are all different views of the same MSI picture. A HAFU represents a single MSI trackfile; it's the same trackfile regardless of which of the 3 MSI formats it's seen on. If the aircraft type is known through PPLI or NCTR data it should be displayed in all the appropriate places (Az/El AND SA). Az/El and SA are two ways of seeing exactly the same information.

There's already been an issue where PPLIs aren't properly correlated to radar tracks on the Az/El and Attack but they are on the SA (resulting in different identifications and ranks). Hopefully a rework can be done to make MSI much cleaner (and with that hopefully fixing the array of other inaccuracies/problems in A/A).

• Like 1

My understanding is that the AZ/EL page displays the ID based on data through Link16, whereas the SA page shows the ID determined by NCTR.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

41 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

My understanding is that the AZ/EL page displays the ID based on data through Link16, whereas the SA page shows the ID determined by NCTR.

I think the all track files in the MSI is suppose to be shown equally on all systems

Edited by raelias

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

37 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

Please see the quote from the manual.

7 hours ago, Tholozor said:

This seems to be how it’s implemented at the moment, but it’s surely wrong or WIP. 

If it isn’t a single integrated picture across all 3 formats ( which it should be), then surely the AZ/EL being a radar page, would show NCTR and SA showing LINK 16. 

Reading some docs I have, NCTR info should show primarily on the AZ/EL. Possibly to be merged / supplemented with LINK data when available. The data block we see down in the bottom left is simplified at the moment. 

• ED Team

Hi all, 

We will be updating the manual to reflect this better. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2