after fresh install of windows and DCS from scratch. Game keeps crashing after only a short time..

Targanon

I have just done a fresh install of windows drivers and DCS from scratch.. yesturday.

now my game keeps crashing after a short time...

I have included the crash report. there are no mods installed not even tacveiw. 

main reason for re-install of all my software is installation of new video card 3090.

dcs.log-20210116-020854.zip

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

I have found that most of the time this is attributed to a file in your saved games profile directory.  if you are not familiar with this folder take caution when doing this procedure:

1. navigate to c:\users\<username>\Saved games\DCS.openbeta - rename this folder to DCS.OPenbeta.old

**** this folder has all your joystick and throttle mapping in it so make sure you keep this copy.  *********

** also if you are installing stable version then this folder may just be named DCS **

2. start the game and allow the game to rebuild this folder 

3. fly a basic instant action mission (free flight) or some easy mission 

4. if the game does not crash then this folder is the issue 

5. close the game 

6. now you have to choose option One:  remap your input mappings  Option two:  copy the input files back (recommended)

a. copy contents of the DCS.openbeta.old\config folder to to the new DCS.openbeta\config 

b. start the game and test for the crash, test the controls are working as expected

c. Close the game - repeat steps a and b for addition folders you may want back.

additional folders:

kneeboards

liveries

Missions (if you have any that you made )

Mods (this could be causing you issue so be ready to do one by one)

Scripts (big cause of crashes, it has the export.lua file in it that many mods utilize, i would recommend reinstalling things like tacview, or lotac, SRS client, tacview if you have them and not copy this folder unless you familiar with its contents) 

Hope this helps.

Falcon JTF-191

• Like 1

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

Even thought this is a FRESH INSTALL, you may as well try a Repair while you are troubleshooting and following all the suggestions available. 

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Um like I said its a fully fresh install of both windows and DCS..

there is not files that are in the save games folder that DCS did not put there.. but I'll go through this to see if it is an issue.. I'm starting to wish I had not done this..

thought I would start off new the year with a clean install of everything I use and forget the rest .. 

Oh its OB current version...

thanks for you reply...

1 minute ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

Even thought this is a FRESH INSTALL, you may as well try a Repair while you are troubleshooting and following all the suggestions available. 

yep been down there already 

thanks for your reply

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

so I did some more testing and the I just flew the FA-18 For a good length of time in the same mission that crashed last time.. that mission was justa clean syria mission nothing in it but 1 KA-50.

with some waypoints.

so I added a FA18 and tested and no issues..

So restarted DCS to make sure for a fresh boot.
jumped in the KA50 and did not even get to start it before it fell over big time. going to test something else..

hmm must be something with the KA-50 as I removed the waypoints cause I read they only access like 6 so dropped from 9 to 2 and crashed the minute I got in the KA-50

Targs,

Moduls

Ok so KA50 crashes every time I will try deleting to files for it and reinstalling them, 

Targs,

Moduls

hmm seems ok now I guess it has just been taking its own merry time sort its self out!! LOL

Targs,

Moduls