Corsair Hype!

Rakkis

Nice to see the new corner and now we need more screenies :bye_2:.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Once it's out of EA, it might actually by my first WWII module. I'm probably gonna wait until a free trail rolls around (it seems it could become a regular thing around here) before I buy it, but I'm strongly considering it. It's one thing the other WWII sim isn't gonna have for the foreseeable future, from the looks of it, and it's a carrier airplane used by both USN and USMC.

Fun Corsair fact: it could be used, and flown in combat, alongside the F-8 Corsair II, provided the mission took place in Central America. 🙂 Honduras actually used the Corsair until 1979, and the little known Football War was the where the last serious prop-on-prop air combat took place, in which it scored kills on Salvadoran planes, one of which was P-51D... and two others were also Corsairs. 🙂 

Edited by Dragon1-1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 10:41 AM, Dragon1-1 said:

Fun Corsair fact: it could be used, and flown in combat, alongside the F-8 Corsair II, provided the mission took place in Central America. 🙂 

So like the US  invades Honduras or something and uses F8's vs F4U's?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I suppose, for instance because they didn't have enough of "preventing the spread of communism" after Vietnam, or if the thing with Contras turned out even uglier than it actually did. Wouldn't be much of a fight, I suppose, but attacking prop planes in a fast jet is trickier than one might think.

15 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

I suppose, for instance because they didn't have enough of "preventing the spread of communism" after Vietnam, or if the thing with Contras turned out even uglier than it actually did. Wouldn't be much of a fight, I suppose, but attacking prop planes in a fast jet is trickier than one might think.

Having done it many times on blueflag against the "meme"-51 I understand.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah, I feel like the plane is getting close. I wonder though if the carrier will be a "later in EA" sort of thing.

I sure hope not! Getting the Corsair without the carrier would be like buying a pack of cigarettes with your last dime and then realizing that your lighter is out of fuel!! Or....buying a really nice bottle of wine and after getting back to the hotel room, realizing that you don't have a cork screw!! 🤣

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 2/24/2021 at 2:55 PM, AG-51_Razor said:

I sure hope not! Getting the Corsair without the carrier would be like buying a pack of cigarettes with your last dime and then realizing that your lighter is out of fuel!! Or....buying a really nice bottle of wine and after getting back to the hotel room, realizing that you don't have a cork screw!! 🤣

Ironically the f4u was relegated to ground based missions for quite a while due to problems with visibility for landing on a carrier. It took a new approach method, that's the Brits developed, for it to be on a carrier. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Lykurgus said:

Ironically the f4u was relegated to ground based missions for quite a while due to problems with visibility for landing on a carrier. It took a new approach method, that's the Brits developed, for it to be on a carrier. 

.... which is why an Illustrious class carrier would be a better bet than an Essex class 😉

in all seriousness, the Corsair saw ETO and PTO service with RN FAA - rather than being a land based USMC fighter

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 6:41 PM, Dragon1-1 said:

Fun Corsair fact: it could be used, and flown in combat, alongside the F-8 Corsair II, provided the mission took place in Central America.

Even cooler: You could do a french career directly transitioning from the Corsair to the Crusader.

Now, granted, they were flying AU-1s (12 Flottille) and F4U-7s (14 Flottille) and transitioned to F-8E(FN)s, but thats close enough...

• Like 3

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

• 4 weeks later...