I just bought supercarrier, installed it, but can't use is with the SU-33 :(

vegasparis

The Supercarrier includes the Kuznetsov 2017 for use with the Su-33, give it a try:

g3jjyt3.jpg

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for your answer, i know but the Kuznetsov 2017 it's not the one i wanted to use when i bought the Supercarrier !!! THANKS DCS.

DCS had to say you have to buy the F-14 or F-18 to use it, it's not fair !!!

If i knew it, i will never buy it.

I am disgusted

1 hour ago, vegasparis said:

Thanks for your answer, i know but the Kuznetsov 2017 it's not the one i wanted to use when i bought the Supercarrier !!! THANKS DCS.

I am disgusted

You're disgusted because you can't use a Russian aircraft on an US Carrier?🤔

• Like 7

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

6 hours ago, vegasparis said:

I am disgusted

Seems you didn’t do enough due diligence before purchasing ... contact support, maybe it is possible to exchange it for another module of equal price that is more to your liking.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 hours ago, vegasparis said:

I am disgusted

... jeez 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

?? What do you exactly want to do with a Su-33 in the supercarrier, that plane doesn´t even have the ability to launch from the catapult, why did you buy supercarrier then?Just to land? 🤨

You can just use the free Stennis and add some static carrier personel to give more life to the deck and thats it.

Edited by AKULA_OPTIMUS
grammar issues :p
  • Like 1

This is hilarious.

I can only imagine a Steam player who only owns FC3. Probably only flying casually on Aerobatics Online and feeling left out when the F-14 and F/A-18 players are having fun with the SC module. Why else would somebody buy a module blind even if basic logic dictates it's not going to work?

• Like 5

You can still use the supercarrier. Just download the C130 Hercule's mod (which is free). It's possible to both land, and launch that on the supercarrier. (You won't be able to use the catapult, but it's not needed with the C130). 🙂  Likewise the Helicopter EFM (also free) could possibly put a helicopter on it. 

Apart from that, I'm not sure what else DCS could do. They just finished a free-to-try period where you could have tried it and learned what it can and can't do. I feel for you, but in the end I think buyers have to take some responsibility. Where do 'warnings' stop? I've seen warnings for not ironing my t-shirt while I'm wearing it. Do companies really need to think of every scenario possible? As for the S/C being compatible for enemy aircraft - it's not realistic, and it's not something that I think would be expected by default. Just one of those areas I think you've unfortunately overlooked or had expectations beyond the norm.

If you purchased through steam and have less than 5hrs on it, it may be possible to get a refund as I think steam gives those options. Otherwise as has been suggested, try contacting ED (but politely, not ranting like here) and asking for it to be exchanged for something else that's more suitable may be the best option.

Edited by Dangerzone

Here's a similar thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/222236-already-reporteddoes-the-su-33-randomly-take-damage-explode-on-stennis-deck

It does raise a point. We have a sandbox here. So we want realistic simulation and equipment but we should be free in what we can do with that. Need I remind you of CVBGs in Black Sea, pretending Caucasus is Korea or flying Navy aircraft killing brothers in Red Flag?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

21 hours ago, draconus said:

Here's a similar thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/222236-already-reporteddoes-the-su-33-randomly-take-damage-explode-on-stennis-deck

It does raise a point. We have a sandbox here. So we want realistic simulation and equipment but we should be free in what we can do with that. Need I remind you of CVBGs in Black Sea, pretending Caucasus is Korea or flying Navy aircraft killing brothers in Red Flag?

A sand box, but within the realms of realistic possibility.  It's one thing pretending one theatre of operations is another, but another thing all together to expect that we can do anything.  We can't even have APKWS rockets on the Viper because it is not accurate for the year modelled, but we should be able to operate REDFOR A/C on a USN carrier?  Let's save that one for the modding community.

• Like 4

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2021 at 3:45 AM, vegasparis said:

I am disgusted

DCS is a simulator and not a game. The real life russian Su-33 is not compatible with the american carriers because...... its russian.

Edited by Mike_Romeo

My skins

• 6 months later...
14 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

Easy solution, buy the Hornet. Done enjoy the step up in realism. 

It's not a solution.

Some workaround was to not go over elevator edges when taxing Su on SC CVN.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

@vegasparis 

Many times I trapped Su-33 on the SC and took off too. Recently I saw a YT of somebody landing and getting airborne with MiG-21 as well. 

It is a fantasy, but it is doable.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 1 month later...