2 voiceattack installs

DD_Crash

Due to me wanting  notification sounds on 2 profiles but not Viacom I run two installs of VA. I have had issues of VA quitting, and when I read that running from the Viacom exe would restart VA I thought I would try that method of launching my DCS version.  VA version for DCS is in my C drive and the other version is in my G drive. The G drive uses the default appdata folder and I have managed to get my C drive version to use users/dave/appdata/VA DCS. I have changed the icon info of the Viacom icon to match the C drive version of VA but when I launch from the Viacom icon it looks at the default appdata location. Is there any way to change this so it works?

Unfortunately I need to have 2 different exes as it isnt possible to have notification sounds set per profile. VA doesnt give any options as to where it looks for its database it just assumes you will have it in the default appdata folder. It is possible to get it to look  at a different folder but you have to edit the icon info properties. I hate the way windows and programmers think they know what you want and make it difficult to allow you to do what you need to do. If they kept the data with the program it would be easy to have completely separate profiles instead one big file with ALL the profiles embedded in it.

Now solved 🙂 I did the logical thing. I let ViaCom  look at the VA in the C drive (default appdata) and my other install look at the appdata/DCS folder. It took some effort but now it works as I want it to and using the ViaCom icon it will restart VA when it falls over 🙂