So it is "D"

ebabil

Congrats for new forum section !

• Like 4

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

She is going to be sweet!

Going to take allot of schooling to get the best out of this Heavy weight attack chopper.

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I was totally surprised by that video and so excited when I saw it. Wags, you sly dog and I thank you and the team for making 2021 something to look forward to!

Edited by Gunfighter6
Misspelling
  • Like 1

Win 10 · i9900K@stock · 4070Ti· ASUS Z390-A · SSD · 64Gb · TM Warthog · CV1 · Quest 2

• ED Team

Unfortunately, if they are building a 2002 era AH-64D, the CPG station is probably gonna have the the ORT, since the TEDAC didn't come for years later.

AH-64 Pack - Page 5 - ARMA 2 & OA - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION - Bohemia  Interactive Forums

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 3

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

18 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

Unfortunately, if they are building a 2002 era AH-64D, the CPG station is probably gonna have the the ORT, since the TEDAC didn't come for years later.

Thing is, the teaser video has M-PNVS, so unless they go back and change that, it's most definitely not a 2002 era AH-64D. You can find pictures of 2005 era AH-64Ds with TEDAC in place, though it wasn't common. M-PNVS on the other hand, you don't start seeing commonly until 2007-2008, and by that point TEDAC becomes a lot more visible.

• ED Team
1 hour ago, NeedzWD40 said:

Thing is, the teaser video has M-PNVS, so unless they go back and change that, it's most definitely not a 2002 era AH-64D.

I'm aware of the details of the Apache in the vid (the M-PNVS was the first thing I noticed aside from the FCR), but they've stated that they are making a 2002 Block 2 AH-64D based on the version of avionics they have access to.  They also said the FCR has not been confirmed either, despite that being in the video.  I wouldn't take anything in the 2021 and Beyond video as gospel.

Both of those points (2002 AH-64D and FCR not confirmed) were from Kate Perederko, the CEO of Eagle Dynamics.  That could change of course, but we have no indicators that will yet.

EDIT: From the Official 2021 roadmap in the AH-64D section: "
Based on a 2002 Block II version"

Edited by Raptor9

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Ohh yeah baby this is so exciting.

I will be all over this!

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...

This machine will certainly cause me to rethink my virtual pit.

I need to get my Thrustmaster MFDs upfront and solidly mounted to some sort of large~ish removable front panel that conveniently bolts to the desk???

Will capto gloves come to the rescue?

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 2:52 PM, Rogue Trooper said:

This machine will certainly cause me to rethink my virtual pit.

I need to get my Thrustmaster MFDs upfront and solidly mounted to some sort of large~ish removable front panel that conveniently bolts to the desk???

I've been thinking of that too. Point that's going to be interesting: the Apache MFDs look to have 6 buttons per side, unlike the Cougar MFD's 5 buttons. That's going to make binding a pain in the ass. 

On 2/21/2021 at 6:04 PM, Bunny Clark said:

I've been thinking of that too. Point that's going to be interesting: the Apache MFDs look to have 6 buttons per side, unlike the Cougar MFD's 5 buttons. That's going to make binding a pain in the ass. 

That's the first thing I noticed to, the six buttons on the sides.  I have 4 Cougar MFD's so should be able to cobble it up somehow.  If it wasn't the Apache I wouldn't be bothering to work something out, it was the main reason I passed on buying the "Jeff" the MFD's would have been a problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

9 hours ago, Sarge55 said:

it was the main reason I passed on buying the "Jeff" the MFD's would have been a problem.

That's actually not so bad. The Jeff's MFDs are 5 across the top and bottom, and then the "main" space on each is also 5 high. The extra height is used for a secondary screen on the bottom on each display which you don't necessarily need to interact with as much - one is usually engine stats and fuel for example. I haven't flown the Jeff much, but not being able to bind the bottom three side buttons on each display didn't really bother me.