Creating a RedFlag scenario in Caucasus

JRM

HI, I was wondering if there´s a way to make units disappear when they get shot either by guns or missiles...right know im using the trigger opt <Unit life less than 90%....Group deactivate (RED1)>, problem with this is that it doesnt make any sense to deactivate a full group when only a single unit is hit.

I can´t find a trigger consequence that deactivates only a single unit of a group...Do I need to script this with lua? How do I do that? Anyway, I attached the .miz file of the mission.

Redflagtraining.miz

Edited by JRM

16 minutes ago, toutenglisse said:

You can use "Destroy Unit" instead of "Group deactivate".

Yeah...problem is that when I chose that action there´s no avaiable air unit for this, only ground units appear on the selection list

9 minutes ago, toutenglisse said:

Bizarre ! all air units are available on my side...

destroy-unit.jpg

Ok tha action itself its called explode unit (in my game) but is the same thing that the one you have there (destroy unit) this works on my version but I ideally want a action that disapears the unit or that deactivates aircraft AI but no air unit appears when I select the last one.

As an exemple of what you can do, knowing it is a red flag fight (no target really destroyed), here a little fight between two AIs (f15 blue vs Mig29 red). You can launch and watch it from point of view you want (1 AI or the other, or F10 map view).

Both AIs have the same options : when closer than 30km away from enemy, become immortal (mortal again when exiting this 30km distance from enemy) - when get hit by enemy turn on smoke to visually signal to all units that it is out of fight (+ text message) - also "Fire forbidden" to stop fighting, set  to invisible so other AIs ignore it, switch to RTB waypoint.

This would also work with much more units involved (and adding as many triggers as necessary + adjusting the flag"5" : I use it to stop detecting unit hits when 1 is already hit/has lost fight, so if an other missile hits after that it is ignored ).

test-redflag-fight.miz