AI 3D model F-117, seemingly Invulnerable damage point. Single Player.

I can't seem to shootdown the F-117, even after lobbing 4x R-77 and 4x- R73 and 30mm cannon fire. It still keeps flying as if nothing happened. I encountered this strange issue flying in the SP campaign Red Knight, flying the J-11 mission 8 of campaign.

Damage model issue...maybe?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this has been an issue for years.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

3 hours ago, Flappie said:

You're right, something is definitely wrong with the bird. It took me 7 AIM-9 hits to shoot down this F-117.

armored_F-117.trk 1.48 MB · 1 download

I had to go back re-edit the aircraft CONDITION in the mission editior to around 40 percent to finally get a kill and proceed to the next mission. I did get the kill after lobbing 3x R-77 and 2xR73.

I guess we'll see this changed after couple of years from now...maybe after 4 years down the line coz there are still some AI 3D models that need updating from LOMAC and Flanker 2.5 era. Seems updating AI 3D models is not big on the priority list.

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 3 months later...
  • Stix_17 changed the title to F-117 Are really hard to shoot down(not a stealth bug, but definitely a health bug)