Can't control crews missiles from vessel, but I can control for artillery.

Petro2311

I jump in the pilot seat of the Gazelle helicopter and when I select the Ticonderoga or Burke vessel I can't seem to target any enemy vehicles. Even when I try to add a target it won't let me set the Coordinates, radius or the amount of shots required. It appears that I can select a random area of the map and the default 10 missiles will fire from the vessel.

However, when I select an artillery unit I can set the Coordinates and the shots I like. I've tried everything by selecting different battlefield commands by checking game master only, game master, pilot can control vehicles, game master, tactical cmdr, jtac, observer in the red, blue and neutral.

Not sure whether there is a glitch?

DCS world 2.5.6

Gazelle

A10C

UH-1H

Combined Arms

Caucasus map

Cheers

Peter

Edited by Petro2311
typo errors

4 hours ago, Petro2311 said:

I jump in the pilot seat of the Gazelle helicopter and when I select the Ticonderoga or Burke vessel I can't seem to target any enemy vehicles..

Have the games Tico and Burke got any anti-vehicle weapons anyway?

I know the Tico has got Tomahawk cruise missiles but the last time I played with them I think they could only be targetted against points on the ground, not against vehicles.

Edited by PoorOldSpike
  • Like 1

Yeah, the BGM-109C that the Ticonderoga-class has available is only for fixed, land targets. It's confusing as the F10 map menu calls it the BGM-109B which is the TASM, which is used against ships and has essentially the same active RADAR homing system of the Harpoon.

I'm not sure if you can use the 5" naval gun. 

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

2 hours ago, PoorOldSpike said:

Have the games Tico and Burke got any anti-vehicle weapons anyway?

I know the Tico has got Tomahawk cruise missiles but the last time I played with them I think they could only be targetted against points on the ground, not against vehicles.

Cheers

I still have have an issue with only having the default 10 shots (rounds) and unable to change it, any ideas? 

1 hour ago, Petro2311 said:

Cheers

I still have have an issue with only having the default 10 shots (rounds) and unable to change it, any ideas? 

I dunno if ammo amount can be changed, but my main issue with Tomahawks is that when we fire them, they all hit the exact same spot instead of spreading out in a scatter pattern so that we could wipe out an entire village. I might run more tests later.

Edited by PoorOldSpike
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, marginal said:

I've built a moose script that works well for Cruise Missiles. The instructions assume you have minimal knowledge of scripting and using the Mission editor. Hope this helps.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/255306-add-a-cruise-missile-attack-to-a-dcs-campaign-or-mission/?tab=comments#comment-4506274

Thanks, I can make missions ok in the editor  but I'm a PC dummy and scripting is a mystery to me but i'll have a crack anyway..:)

PS I'm starting a new thread soon about tests for  Air Defence units to find out which are the best.