Mission 5 - awaks callouts to Rock but they mean my location? (SOLVED)

First let me say amazing campaign so far the best ive played yet,  So ive been doing this mission and not able to find the enemy. Ill get a call out for lets say Rock, 006 for 20 at angels 20, So Im  new to all this stuff and I was under the assumption that when they call Rock or Bulls that you have to go from that location so 006 from rocks location (waypoint 2) But I watched a few vids of people doing this mission and they are finding the enemey by going 006 and just turning to 006.  I thought that in order for that to happen they would have called just 006 and not Rock 006 because when they just say the deg its from you . This is all confusing and I thought I had it correct. any help from the experts?

Edited by Rooster7755

No, you absolutely do have it correct. This type of AWACS call will be easier when the Hornet finally has Offset points, but it isn't difficult to do it by setting a course line through Rock and dead reckoning the distance using the HSI/SA pages.

As for this specific mission - isn't this the mission where you're going up against Prince? It's a while since I did it, but I don't recall having to find any Iranians in that mission. If you're talking about finding Prince during the dogfight then it may be best to use your SA page as the AWACS will have lit him up on there. Certainly easier than trying to work out offset points in the middle of a dogfight...

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

No this is the one where you go and  your wingman flip drops a smoke bomb then you both drop some bombs on it then you get a ton of awaks calls. I think i got it figured out but watching that video and they acted like the call outs were not to bulls threw me off

I am having one issue though  I get to the end and flip asks me if i heard the last radio call and i have to answer her, When this pops up i No longer can hit \ to pull up the comm menu. I had easy comms turned off from another mission i was doing so Im hope that was the issue

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.01.14 - 22.30.35.93.png

• Rooster7755 changed the title to Mission 5 - awaks callouts to Rock but they mean my location? (SOLVED)
1 hour ago, baltic_dragon said:

Hm not sure why, I can’t see how it is related with the campaign.. let me know if you got past it. 

Yea I had turned off the simple radio to do the other campaign Enemy within 3.0 and forgot to turn it back on ,  Turns out when its off you cant hit \ to contact people. lol, but i got it all worked and now im on the next mission. Thanks again for the amazing experience, Its also teaching me things I needed to learn, I now know how to find awaks callouts , I now know how to turn on the f18 cold start, I know radio stuff, I know How to set a waypoint as a bullseye on the Radar/HSI 

• Like 1