small gripes and wishes :)

macedk

1. Flight model: 
I've said it before, having a tgp on the jet makes the plane not go straight. Fair enough, but the autopilot should be able to to the plane level despite the offset. It just makes the jet a hard sell. " hey I have a Ferrari but  it seers right no matter what. 
I could go on and on about the flightmodel but most of us know the shortcomings. Why should I choose a broken jet for a mission ? 
Just let me put a lunchbag on the other station to compensate, we are still in beta, so I can live with a non correct option. 

Before everybody flame me on using autopilot, I'll take all the help that is in the toolback, not to is just dumb 🙂

I can compensate with many flightmodel parameters but a broken trim/autopilot is just not fun. 

2. More of a wish, will we get the fidelity/complexity that we see on the F-18 ? 

3. Damage model: 
Right now you dead or not. Again it impacts the fun. Have done many mission in the A-10 where a real pilot would have gone home but I was able to stay with some compensations, great fun. 

After many years on the game not mentioned, I still to this day can not tell you why it kept me going back. In general there was very little talk about things not being implemented. We worked with what we had and had a blast. It was very simplified but did have a feeling of flying the F-16 and asking questions at airshow raised eyebrows of our knowledge. Heck they even through in a mp3 player in the ded for kicks. 

So please make my mighty F-16 fly straight at least. Why is station 5 such a pain for you ?, makes no sense 🙂 
I hope I'm not stepping on any toes but the way the F-14 was introduced, to me is a benchmark on how to do it. 

To me it should work out of the bag and not be NI across the board. Hey I buy a steak and get the plastic wrapping and in small letters it says "steak ni" 😉

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1: I understand your feelings, it took a bit to get used to the fact that the Falcon autopilot has a separate roll and pitch control. I have learned that the pitch altitude hold will also try and hold your bank angle if you leave the roll selector in Attitude setting (or the middle position if my memory is bad). You can compensate by leveling out nicely before applying altitude hold, or you could use the waypoint following or heading select roll autopilots (lower and upper switch position respectively).

2: The A-10C and F/A-18 have been developed solely by Eagle Dynamics. Considering their level of simulation complexity, I am certain that the viper will be just as complete with enough time.

3. I will reference the A-10C here again, if you have never tooled around with it at all, there is plenty of damage model complexity, for me at least. I recall many occasions where I have had engine fires due to damage and had to limp back on just one engine, or when I have lost my GAU-8 due to ground fire. In time, the other jets will have a similar level of damage modeling, especially after the new damage models are rolled out for the modern aircraft.

Edited by ak12546
Add info

Modules

Combined Arms, Super Carrier, A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, F-14, ,F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, P-51, Su-25, Su-27, MiG-21, MiG-29, Ajs-37, UH-1H, Ka-50, Sa-342

Terrains

Nevada Test and Training Range, The Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, Syria