How do you creat a markpoint/ targetpoint now?

CommandT

Had a look at Chucks Guide and youtube videos and can't make it work. Basically all I want is to slew my TPOD around on different targets, mark them for later and then be able to easily snap back to those targets with the TPOD using those markpoints that I;ve created. When I have the TPOD pointing at a particular target I press the "Mk" button on the bottom of the EHSD... ok... but I can't make the boxed DESGN turn from STP to a markpoint - in a video by Grim Reapers he said you need to press the TDC down to change it from STP to a markpoint (TGP) but nothing happens when I press TDC down (down not aft) irrespective of whether I have the SOI set as the TPOD or as the HUD... any ideas? 

Many thanks!

You should be able to just use the buttons or keybinds from WP Increment/Decrement to get to a Markpoint. With DESG boxed, that should give you targeting.

I think WP INCREMENT LONG syncs the System Designated Target Point to the Steerpoint..but I honestly seldom use it.

If you point at a target with the tgp (just slew to it, no need to press anything) , you can press the mk0 button (bottom row) on the ehsd. It creates a mark point in the list with waypoints. 

You can later cycle back to those markpoints (using the ehsd), and as long as DESG is boxed on the ehsd and the tgp is in slave mode, it should point right back at the spots the marks where created. 

Edit: didn't read your op well...  And Recluse said the same thing already 😉 Seems you got most of it. Just use the waypoint up/down arrows on the ehsd to get to the saved mark points. I believe (not sure) the DESG box will still say STP, even if you selected a mark point from the list. 

Edited by JorgV