My first livery

Silent Film

My first skin ever made, a fictional RYAF Mustang.

Happy New Year!

P-51D Royal Yugoslav Air Force - Chetnik

It is the summer of 1944. The Chetniks in Serbia are saving American pilots downed by the Germans. A Mustang pilot has crash-landed on the Chetnik territory. He was rescued during the famous Halyard Mission. His Mustang has remained in the Chetnik service. Repaired, and repainted into the Royal Yugoslav Air Force livery, it is flown by a mysterious pilot with the call sign Silent Film, against the German occupiers of Yugoslavia, but also against the Yugoslav partisans and the invading Red Army.

On the left side of the nose, some talented peasant has drew a portrait of General Dragoljub Draža Mihailović, using chalk and charcoal. On the right side of the nose, a soldier has painted black Chetnik flag with white skull and bones, and inscription: "With faith in God - freedom or death!" The aircraft is based at the mountain airfield in the village of Pranjani.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314324/

RYAF_Mustang_1.jpg

RYAF_Mustang_2.jpg

RYAF_Mustang_Cover.jpg

RYAF_Mustang_First_Air_Victory_New_Livery.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, HoYa said:

Just as I thought, the file is .rar file and it doesn’t work. 

Bummer I got all excited over nothing...

Yeah, I can't understand why people use ".rar", it drives me nuts. But you can download WinRAR trial version for free. I usually install it when I need to open some ".rar" file, and then I uninstall it immediately after, so that my trial period doesn't run out, and that I can download it again later if needed.

6 hours ago, Silent Film said:

Mustang texture template is from 2012, and it still works.

I'm talking about switch from spec maps to roughmets, which affected all aluminium-finish skins more than flat ones. If you try to use skin from DCS 1.5.xx era in 2.5.xx, reflective surfaces will either have a wrong tint, or turn flat grey.

This is how that skin looks in latest version of the game:

Screen_210210_165705.jpg

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

19 hours ago, Art-J said:

I'm talking about switch from spec maps to roughmets, which affected all aluminium-finish skins more than flat ones. If you try to use skin from DCS 1.5.xx era in 2.5.xx, reflective surfaces will either have a wrong tint, or turn flat grey.

Oh, then they should really update texture template, but to keep the same layout, so that we could just paste the same layers into new files.

^ Be happy that there's an official template at all 😄. Fw-190D9 guys have been waiting 7 years for theirs and it's nowhere to be seen.

Seriously though, you're right, they should. Fortunately, there are improved Mustang templates made by the community (Whiplash released excellent one, for example), so If anyone wants to make a silver Mustang, he can use these.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for bothering you once again, this livery is my little project and my baby. 🙂 I have done some changes once again, and this is a third version. 😎 Second version brought a leather WWII helmet for the pilot and few minor changes. Third version removed camo scheme which I thought was too colorful and unrealistic, and brought a basic olive green color, which looked more realistic and even more elegant to me, although it's a fictional skin, and also I have made the black color on the nose a bit darker. This time, I didn't upload completely new skin like I did previously, I have figured out I just needed to replace the file. 😀 I'm still learning about the DCS.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314834/

RYAF_Mustang.jpg