Please include the B-61

I know that nukes are mostly a no-go in this game, but this is a huge part of the F-15E.  Enable the PAL panel to be used, only arming the weapon when the correct code is used (it doesn't matter how the code gets in there etc).

Simulate the main modes (laydown, airburst etc).

This is an important mission set that the F-15E took over from the F-111.

I would recommend the mod-4 version which is tactical in nature and features the lowest yields.

Basic info on the weapon:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B61_nuclear_bomb

Edited by GGTharos
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The idea is to enable those mission profiles with that weapon; I mean you could simulate it with a dumb bomb as well but not quite the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

This is something I very much wish for too. 

ED has said nukes weren't something they wanted to add to DCS and I suspect it has to do with political or publicity reasons. 

In any case, the b61 seems to be pretty much a standard weapon for the f15e.

On the same topic I heard f/a-18's and f16's could carry nukes (the f16c has a nuclear consent panel even). Can anyone specify if those planes we have in DCS could or even did carry atomic bombs ? I would love to see realistic nuclear scenarios in DCS.

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

ED have taken over weapon development and have said nukes are not happening, so there's no way this is happening.

Is there an inert/training round version? Some sort of training scenario on NTTR is probably the best chance at simulating nuclear missions in DCS

• Like 2
On 1/15/2021 at 5:40 PM, TLTeo said:

Is there an inert/training round version?

I think that would be a great compromise.  We still get to simulate nuclear attack profiles, and ED don't have to work out how to implement unit/building damage on such a massive scale.

Laptop Pilot. Aorus X7 V7, i7 7820HK o/c to 4.3GHz, 4k 17.3", 32GB DDR4, 1070Ti 8GB. TM Warthog & CH Products controls (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, CA, FC3, A-10C & A-10II, MiG-21, F-86, M-2000, Harrier, Viggen, Yak-52, Spitfire, Gazelle, Mi-8, F/A-18, L-39, F-16 & Supercarrier

Wishlist: Jaguar, F-117 and F-111.

C:MO & XP11. PPL(A) IRL.