DCS Menu In VR Gone. DCS Bootup In 2D A Windowed And Blank

Fang333333

I was troubleshooting a seperate issue, did no changes to DCS just restarted my computer via hard shutdown (holding down power button). DCS will no longer load in either VR or 2D. In VR, it loads the hanger, in 2D it is a blank/black windowed screen that never changes. Repair does nothing. Maybe delete files?

Help

I'm really not in the mood for this today...

Thanks

Fang

Edited by Fang333333

well with the lack of system information, DX report, and a log file, unable to help ya fellow.

try a DCS Repair located in your windows program under Eagle Dynamics.

repair.jpg

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

try moving the options.lua from """C:\Users\UserNamel\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\""" folder to desktop or other folder. DCS should create a new file which will reset all settings to default. from there adjust your settings back to your liking, not sure if you have to remap the control assignments. if you have to, you can re-load the same files from each aircraft that you have. 

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

1 hour ago, Revs said:

try moving the options.lua from """C:\Users\UserNamel\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\""" folder to desktop or other folder. DCS should create a new file which will reset all settings to default. from there adjust your settings back to your liking, not sure if you have to remap the control assignments. if you have to, you can re-load the same files from each aircraft that you have. 

Ok thank you, Yeah that was what I was looking for. I will try this and report back. Hopefully doesn't mess up assignments. I swear sometimes those just disappear too on me (I switch aircraft and none of the older profiles have anything assigned. That's neither here nor there 

1 hour ago, Fang333333 said:

Ok thank you, Yeah that was what I was looking for. I will try this and report back. Hopefully doesn't mess up assignments. I swear sometimes those just disappear too on me (I switch aircraft and none of the older profiles have anything assigned. That's neither here nor there 

even if aircraft looses assignments the files does not disappears. all you have to do is load every controllers' profiles from their correct aircraft folders

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

• 2 weeks later...