#1 mission question (overheating?)

YoYo

Hi,

started the campaign Today, but .... hmmm at the first mission (after the intro),

g5eCfTHl.jpg

when I took off my engine stops suddenly, reason overheating but I know this module very well, temp on this situation I had about 50 deg C on oil (so far below of level of temp oil when such overheating should have occurred to shut down BMW 801 D-2 engine). It never happened to me before in single or multiplayer. I restarted the mission and tried again but I have the same again (near in the same time). Accidental damage are disabled in MISC options in DCS. Any idea?

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• YoYo changed the title to #1 mission question (overheating?)
15 minutes ago, Reflected said:

No idea man, these things have nothing to do with the mission editor 😞 I know the engine modeling of the 190 has been updated recently. Did you warm up the engine properly?

I was thinking it was in mission (like damaged or something like this), will check and try it again, ok. Temp of oil was ok for me, hmmm.

I didnt notice it before in my missions or free flight and see this (so its strange that suddenly overheating appeared in this mission):

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hard to tell me what it was but after restart of DCS now was ok and mission was finished.

A1wby3nl.jpg

Nice job and great vibe. FPS on the ground could be better (I dont know what is it, I fly VR only but my RTX 3090 choked a little) but in the air was ok for me. Be careful here with the addition of Spifire against Germany (player). These AIs fly like crazy without any limits (P-47 has the same issue) but luckily I survived with some kills :thumbsup: .

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

This works for me: do not move until oil temp reaches 45°C. Then open cooling flaps fully and let them open on take off and if possible even while cruising. Close them only just before combat.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

1 hour ago, tapi said:

This works for me: do not move until oil temp reaches 45°C. Then open cooling flaps fully and let them open on take off and if possible even while cruising. Close them only just before combat.

So how is possible than in other situation it works different? For Anton you can use only radiator cooling flaps betwen 105-130C according manual. Till 25 do worm up only with 1200 RPM, after this increase RPM to 1400 and wait to 30 of C and you can move (what I did). Temp on take off 45-50. A8 didnt have a problem with overheating like early version (A1 to A3). Very strange that in mission created now it works different.

Btw. I will check something tomorrow. Maybe temp indicator shows something different than is on engine and its a bug in model?

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I checked the 190, I haven't flown it in a while. You're not overheating. You can fly with the rads closed.

BUT:

Now you have to make sure you don't exceed oil pressure limits. So you apply power only after the oil is warm.

Checking all other WWII aircraft, it usually takes around 5 minutes. But in case of the FW-190A it takes 18!! Surely a bug, I reported to ED.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reflected said:

I checked the 190, I haven't flown it in a while. You're not overheating. You can fly with the rads closed.

BUT:

Now you have to make sure you don't exceed oil pressure limits. So you apply power only after the oil is warm.

Checking all other WWII aircraft, it usually takes around 5 minutes. But in case of the FW-190A it takes 18!! Surely a bug, I reported to ED.

Thx. It colud be. I noticed too oil pressure over the high limit. In second mission was ok for me but I heated it to 30 degrees for quite a long time. 👌

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

No spoilers.... but was funny in 4th mission 😅 :

Spoiler

Im already oversensitive to the correct warm up of engine, I started the mission 3 times before I noticed that there was something special here 🤣!

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

9 minutes ago, YoYo said:

No spoilers.... but was funny in 4th mission 😅 :

Hide contents

Im already oversensitive to the correct warm up of engine, I started the mission 3 times before I noticed that there was something special here 🤣!

Spoiler

Haha, yes, that one is scripted. I wanted to teach people the importance of proper takeoff procedures and to always be ready for an engine failure 🙂  It will also make the mission more interesting when you take off for the 2nd time in the next one.

Edited by Reflected