External Slingloaded Cargo unstable - starts swinging for no reason, with no input from pilot.

epolta

Once the cargo starts swinging it will continue to swing without any sign of slowing down.

Track attached. The track ends when the cargo swings to the point that the sling/rope breaks.

Please note, this track is from the Oil Field Campaign, which I understand contains DRM so may not be playable by all.

LInk to track:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UGaDztfccVHUYc1T4SZadEzG-dW61QUf/view?usp=sharing

• Like 3

Yes, I believe this issue has already been reported. It actually involves the cargo weighing nothing hence the excessive swinging.

It's funny because it literally made me fail a "the memory of the hero campaign" mission. Pretty game breaking I admit.

Edited by notproplayer3
  • Like 1

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

1 hour ago, notproplayer3 said:

Yes, I believe this issue has already been reported. It actually involves the cargo weighing nothing hence the excessive swinging.

It's funny because it literally made me fail a "the memory of the hero campaign" mission. Pretty game breaking I admit.

Gotcha, the weight issue makes sense... I experience a similar issue in the Huey, but because you can "feel" the load swinging in the Huey, you can get in sync with it and usually salvage a swinging load. Unfortunately for me, I've had to suspend my Mi-8 campaigns until this issue is resolved 😞

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Gentlemen,

This is really a no go as many paid campaigns are partly impossible to play through.

We are waiting since DEC 2020 - We need a fix and we need it fast!

• Like 5

5800X3D // RTX 4090 // 64GB DDR4 CL18 RAM // MSI B550 Mortar // Reverb G2 // Warthog HOTAS // MFG Crosswind

I had to stop playing Oilfields because it's unplayable with this bug. We had several patches and hotfixes since beginning of this year and none of them addressed this bug. It's bloody frustrating. One might have a feeling that ED does not give a damn about old modules and campaigns. 

PS. It's also broken in so called Stable version.

• Like 6

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

Am 6.5.2021 um 14:17 schrieb Marklar:

I had to stop playing Oilfields because it's unplayable with this bug. We had several patches and hotfixes since beginning of this year and none of them addressed this bug. It's bloody frustrating. One might have a feeling that ED does not give a damn about old modules and campaigns. 

PS. It's also broken in so called Stable version.

I had exactly the same problem. During the playthrough of the oilfield campaign the bug was introduced and made it impossible to go further. Sometimes i managed by luck to get a mission forward in case there was only 1 external cargo but then the mission with 4 external cargos came and at least there it gets just a joke. 4,5 tons are lifted without any change in collective and swinging like you have loaded a popcorn on the rope. 

The only possible way to get forward was to change to standalone, non-steam version and to roll back to an earlier version without the bug introduced in stable version 2.5.6.55960, via the DCS launcher mod by Skate Zilla. But in this case you also do not benefit of all the updates made in meantime. As long as we still struggle with this annoying issue I cannot recommend anyone to buy civil MI-8 modules as it is more or less impossible to play through and people should not be forced to deal with all this issues that long.

• Like 2

5800X3D // RTX 4090 // 64GB DDR4 CL18 RAM // MSI B550 Mortar // Reverb G2 // Warthog HOTAS // MFG Crosswind

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded 2.5.6.55960 and was able to finally do this mission in my first try! All 4 cargos delivered without any problems. 

Screen_210515_174157.png

• Like 1

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, NineLine said:

Please supply tracks. Thanks.

OP attached a track, see the top post. Is that not enough?

Also there is a similar thread about a related bug where loads have 0kg weight. According to Bignewy it has been already reported but it was half a year ago and the bug is still present in both stable and openbeta builds.

Edited by Marklar
  • Like 2