I hope it's ok to share a post from a different category here.

Basically I've completed the first round CFD trials for the R-27ER missile and the results can be seen here:

It would be great if people can comment, verify and/or criticize my results/experiment.

The goal is get the most accurate results as possible, within reason that is.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

I ran my own CFD some time ago on a full 3-D model with tapered wings feel free to compare.  Now this was one of the first missiles I did which was on much older hardware so the mesh resolution was nowhere near as high for my latter stuff like the HARM and SD-10 which were both within 3%'ish of ED's stuff.  Additionally I didn't run the intermediate values around M1.0 (.95,1.05,1.1,1.15) so the shape of the curve left of the peak at M1.2 is probably not correct either.

27R

27R_CFD.png

27T

27t_CFD.png

Edited by nighthawk2174
14 hours ago, nighthawk2174 said:

I ran my own CFD some time ago on a full 3-D model with tapered wings feel free to compare.  Now this was one of the first missiles I did which was on much older hardware so the mesh resolution was nowhere near as high for my latter stuff like the HARM and SD-10 which were both within 3%'ish of ED's stuff.  Additionally I didn't run the intermediate values around M1.0 (.95,1.05,1.1,1.15) so the shape of the curve left of the peak at M1.2 is probably not correct either.

27R

27R_CFD.png

27T

27t_CFD.png

This looks awesome. Do you have any 3D models to share? The one I used is accurate, dimension-vise, but as you have mentioned the flight surfaces are not fully modeled.

I did my tests in Autodesk CFD.

Also hit me up, if you are interested in contributing in any way.

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉