Mirrors fix?

Skopikus

Hello guys!

I have an microproblem. My mirrors looks half way inside helicopter. As I fly in vr I moved my pilot at maximum back as it feels nice to see seat as same as feel it, but because of that my mirrors looks abit down, I still can use 'em but I need to lean almost over the stick to get my wingmans in view. 

Is there something I can do with that? Or is there some sort of settings to adjust them? As vr arrived in our lifes - mirrors became quite essential, at least for me.

Thank you in advance for any information given! 

Tried recentering the view, while looking straight forward?

Just looking up, they look like this:

image.png

Leaning a bit forward, without "bumping" into anything (virtually), I can look at the sky and rotors:

image.png

They're only really usable to check your 6 against airplanes and missile launches.

For keeping track of wingmen, it's best to use the datalink and ABRIS.

Edited by Sh4rk
text

Spoiler
On 20/01/2021 at 6:40 AM, Sh4rk said:

Tried recentering the view, while looking straight forward?

Just looking up, they look like this:

image.png

Leaning a bit forward, without "bumping" into anything (virtually), I can look at the sky and rotors:

image.png

They're only really usable to check your 6 against airplanes and missile launches.

For keeping track of wingmen, it's best to use the datalink and ABRIS.

Default centered position makes it to close to front panel and quite difficult to operate some stuff and also now my Akulas stick and sit matches my real sit and stick(adds more immersion to my VR flight)

It looks like not hard thing to fix mirror position. It's quite immersion killer to see insides of choper. 

Mirrors can be used more than just cheking your six: my dummy wingmans sometimes crashes into ridges if I fly to close to edge of the hill/mountain and ABRIS do not make that 3D situational awareness to help me out, also I do check my flare dispensers as it's much easier to make a glance up than to lean upfront and look back aspecially moments me using dispensers is when I have no time for that, also they(mirrors) useful to check engine and hull integrity if fire acours or if been shot at. 

Well I'm under the impression the mirrors in the Ka-50 are just in the same place and functionality as they are in the real aircraft. They're not broken - they're just, umm, impaired like that. They could be better if they were mounted on the sides maybe - like a car's. But I'm not seeing any insides of the chopper in my view - only the top and rotors. Can you post pictures of how they look for you?

Regardless of how the real world is set up around you, centering should instantly put your eyes where the eyes of the "virtual pilot" are, on the more or less right spot over the chair. I'm using the Quest 2 and it does that just fine. And yes I have to look back over my shoulder and stuff to access some knobs and things. The Ka-50 feels very tight around the pilot's body. When i need to look at the wings / weapons I lean a bit to look out of the windows. 

I don't know about your VR headset, but if you've checked "Force IPD distance" in the VR settings, it might have something to do with that... It kind of "rescales" the cockpit around  you. Also if you have any cockpit- or view-related mods.

On 26/01/2021 at 1:54 AM, Sh4rk said:

Well I'm under the impression the mirrors in the Ka-50 are just in the same place and functionality as they are in the real aircraft. They're not broken - they're just, umm, impaired like that. They could be better if they were mounted on the sides maybe - like a car's. But I'm not seeing any insides of the chopper in my view - only the top and rotors. Can you post pictures of how they look for you?

Regardless of how the real world is set up around you, centering should instantly put your eyes where the eyes of the "virtual pilot" are, on the more or less right spot over the chair. I'm using the Quest 2 and it does that just fine. And yes I have to look back over my shoulder and stuff to access some knobs and things. The Ka-50 feels very tight around the pilot's body. When i need to look at the wings / weapons I lean a bit to look out of the windows. 

I don't know about your VR headset, but if you've checked "Force IPD distance" in the VR settings, it might have something to do with that... It kind of "rescales" the cockpit around  you. Also if you have any cockpit- or view-related mods.

Sorry for poor audio.

They made a fix for "save head position". Now I need every time manually move my head to front to match my seat with virtual seat and re=center. But Default position of "Virtual Pilot" is wrong. 

I have Oculus CV1. 

Edited by Skopikus

I tried the same on my headset and I see what you mean now.

Indeed the mirrors could have some form of adjustment in the vertical, so they could be adjusted properly for your sitting position. Maybe a slider in Options.

It's possible to mod a fix in though. 

On the file DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\mainpanel_init.lua,

Change line 1864:

mirrors_data = 
{
    rotation          = -0.536,

Set the "rotation" to a lower absolute value, and see if it gets better. It might take a few attemps to set it to your liking.

• Thanks 1