[NO BUG] AGM122 Sidearm not locking

jwbflyer

It seems like, since the last update, the 122/sidearm is less sensitive and I can be nose on an SA-15/TOR, watching it fire, seeing it in RWR and like 1 mile away and the sidearm is not locking it. 

I will add a track file when I return gone in 10 days.

Yea. I spent about 6 hours flying the harrier yesterday. 

My observation was that sometimes it would lock normally, and sometimes I could drive the harrier straight into the threat and never get a lock. (Threat firing and on rwr). 

• Like 1

I'm going to bring this to some of the CB testers at ED to see. Time and time again I see this issue people are having yet a large portion of people dont have it so it has to be something with how the ARM logic is which would cause such varying results. Will report back if I find something.

On 1/13/2021 at 5:53 PM, jwbflyer said:

It seems like, since the last update, the 122/sidearm is less sensitive and I can be nose on an SA-15/TOR, watching it fire, seeing it in RWR and like 1 mile away and the sidearm is not locking it. 

I will add a track file when I return gone in 10 days.

understand. We will be waiting a bit but please do get the .trk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] AGM122 Sidearm not locking

Allright, so i figured out what it might possible be the cause of this problem. Whenever you have sidewinders and AGM-122. For some odd reason the AGM-122 will not work. I managed to select AGM-122 once, went back, selected AGM65F, then sidewinders to AGM-122, and suddenly i get a no shooting cue ///////

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2021 at 4:55 PM, Divutski said:

Allright, so i figured out what it might possible be the cause of this problem. Whenever you have sidewinders and AGM-122. For some odd reason the AGM-122 will not work. I managed to select AGM-122 once, went back, selected AGM65F, then sidewinders to AGM-122, and suddenly i get a no shooting cue ///////

Was it one of each on the outer pylons or one on the outer set and one on the inner set?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

so i just tried this with 2 SA on the inner and 2 9M on the outer pylons.

i shot the two 9m on a J11, worked fine

after that i killed two SA8 with the two Sidearms, first one i got a tone, the second one i just blind-fired into the general position it was supposed to be because its radar was still off.

two kills

Is it confirmed that AGM-122 can be launched without a lock and it is capable to acquire the target if it receives signal and lock on that first signal it receives and guide there?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

6 hours ago, Fri13 said:

Is it confirmed that AGM-122 can be launched without a lock and it is capable to acquire the target if it receives signal and lock on that first signal it receives and guide there?

No

On 2/16/2021 at 1:34 PM, Wisky said:

so i just tried this with 2 SA on the inner and 2 9M on the outer pylons.

i shot the two 9m on a J11, worked fine

after that i killed two SA8 with the two Sidearms, first one i got a tone, the second one i just blind-fired into the general position it was supposed to be because its radar was still off.

two kills

So the blind fired Sidearm tracked?

Grim Reapers has a video showing the mad dog launch of a 22 and it hitting. I’ve done it once myself.

My problem is Ive driven the 122 straight into an SA15/TOR and never got a tone for a lock, this being the second launch attempt.

My hunch is there is something with a follow up shot that causes trouble in the second acquisition. Its very hard to get a track file but i will try when i get home in 2 weeks.

If that is the case then this would be an ED weapon issue not a RAZBAM one. All weapons are controlled by ED and not by us. Day 1 we have not touched the sidearms.

problem is there is not a whole lot of documentation on them as they were phased out quite quickly. Are you launching within 9nm?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue with the Sidearm now, only noticed in the last couple of weeks. I've been being spiked by multiple radars and it won't lock, the worst offender being an entire SA-10 battery where I had Line of Sight all the way from 10NM to flying over their heads!

If it is locking onto emitters it's tending to be at very short range (5-6NM ish) and sending them mad dog at a known radar site with active search and track radar emitters doesn't yield results. It used to be extraordinarily deadly but now the weapon is more of a liability at the moment (possibly historically accurate but frustrating nonetheless). I'll build a test range and get some track files together.

• 4 weeks later...

Likely the Sidearm should get nerfed for the range and the detection distance. As so many talks down about its range, it being a suicide to go against SAM systems and more fitting against like a ZSU-23-4 at 1.5-2 km.

Now it has been effective to be launched against SA-8 from its maximum range (about 7-8 nmi) from about 2000 ft altitude. It seems to fly way too long distances at so thick air.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Fri13:

Likely the Sidearm should get nerfed for the range and the detection distance. As so many talks down about its range, it being a suicide to go against SAM systems and more fitting against like a ZSU-23-4 at 1.5-2 km.

Now it has been effective to be launched against SA-8 from its maximum range (about 7-8 nmi) from about 2000 ft altitude. It seems to fly way too long distances at so thick air.

all weapon behaviour (is it range or flight dynamics) is out of Razbam‘s hand. But you could try report this in ED bug section with performance datasheets showing how its overperforming.

12 minutes ago, Wisky said:

all weapon behaviour (is it range or flight dynamics) is out of Razbam‘s hand. But you could try report this in ED bug section with performance datasheets showing how its overperforming.

Yes it is. On the moment the weapon is launched, the 3D model is swapped to ED one that runs the weapon. So module developer can only hang 3D models on their aircraft to be carried, unless they make a own weapon. And even then they are limited to ED weapons functions. Like happened with AIM-54. 

Problem is that there ain't much information from sidearm, other than pilots comments about it awful range. 

But considering that you can engage a SA-8 with safe margin distance, it is great ARM when you don't need to get inside such systems ranges. 

• 5 months later...
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [NO BUG] AGM122 Sidearm not locking