[INVESTIGATING] AGM122 Sidearm not locking

It seems like, since the last update, the 122/sidearm is less sensitive and I can be nose on an SA-15/TOR, watching it fire, seeing it in RWR and like 1 mile away and the sidearm is not locking it. 

I will add a track file when I return gone in 10 days.

Yea. I spent about 6 hours flying the harrier yesterday. 

My observation was that sometimes it would lock normally, and sometimes I could drive the harrier straight into the threat and never get a lock. (Threat firing and on rwr). 

I'm going to bring this to some of the CB testers at ED to see. Time and time again I see this issue people are having yet a large portion of people dont have it so it has to be something with how the ARM logic is which would cause such varying results. Will report back if I find something.

On 1/13/2021 at 5:53 PM, jwbflyer said:

It seems like, since the last update, the 122/sidearm is less sensitive and I can be nose on an SA-15/TOR, watching it fire, seeing it in RWR and like 1 mile away and the sidearm is not locking it. 

I will add a track file when I return gone in 10 days.

understand. We will be waiting a bit but please do get the .trk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] AGM122 Sidearm not locking

Allright, so i figured out what it might possible be the cause of this problem. Whenever you have sidewinders and AGM-122. For some odd reason the AGM-122 will not work. I managed to select AGM-122 once, went back, selected AGM65F, then sidewinders to AGM-122, and suddenly i get a no shooting cue ///////

Maybe this is the problem - I only had Aim9s and 122s, and was going in between them. Yes, I did select A-G when i went back to the 122 from aim9 (since the aim9 will bring you out of A-G mode).