[SOLVED] DMT Slew issue

jwbflyer

I don’t normally use the DMT. However, I selected it on right screen, then hit sensor select switch (sss) twice (like before, and like the TPOD), and am unable to slew the DMT. Doesn’t move, tried numerous movements of sss. Can’t move it.

I will add a track file when I return gone in 10 days.

On 1/13/2021 at 5:50 PM, jwbflyer said:

I don’t normally use the DMT. However, I selected it on right screen, then hit sensor select switch (sss) twice (like before, and like the TPOD), and am unable to slew the DMT. Doesn’t move, tried numerous movements of sss. Can’t move it.

I will add a track file when I return gone in 10 days.

Tag me when you have as I have a suspicion of what is causing this for you.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

The problem is, that the DMT is very buggy, without the targeting pod. once you slew the DMT, the DMT displays somewhere else on the HUD. also when you lock and uncage the AGM65, you have to slew a littlebit in orderto get a lock. I know what might cause the issue. on my thrustmaster T1600M ive unbinded the lock(Action) on my mouse slew where my throttle is., but i can still press the key binding even if it is unbinded ???

11 hours ago, Wisky said:

to slew the DMT you have to press SSS aft and switch TV as your SOI

It was my understanding that the TPOD and DMT were similar in that one must select SSS down/in twice rapidly to have TDC slew capability??

Edited by jwbflyer
Spelling

On 1/15/2021 at 10:19 PM, jwbflyer said:

It was my understanding that the TPOD and DMT were similar in that one must select SSS down/in twice rapidly to have TDC slew capability??

Did you bring up the TPOD from the menu page on the right MPCD and set it to operate?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

7 hours ago, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

Did you bring up the TPOD from the menu page on the right MPCD and set it to operate?

When I used the TPOD - yes, but i think I was cutting out the TPOD for weight in a FARP spawn and takeoff.

I will be back home and try this again Monday and try to add a track file.

Just repeated the issue. My TDC slew function for DMT works a bit more in horizontal, rather than vertical axis. Seems ..”grabby” like it will move and stop and wont move. I will try to reassign the control to the non-axis function “forward, aft, left, right”. I’ll add a track file later today if the problem persists after changes in assignment.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 9:06 PM, Wisky said:

to slew the DMT you have to press SSS aft and switch TV as your SOI

I need to double press SSS to switch In and Out from TPOD mode, and then I get to last used mode, and if I was not in ARBS/TV when going to TPOD, then I need to press two times SSS Aft (ARBS/LST -> ARBS/TV), but as the ARBS/LST is first mode, it will immediately start scanning the space and when second SSS Aft happens, the ARBS/LST will designate the target on the spot and ARBS/TV will start track that random position.

Then I need to press NWS/Undesignate to get ARBS/TV caged to the FPM, so I can use it to designate target.

We still do not have the free roll stabilized ARBS/TV designation box in the HUD, that should get ground stabilized only when trying to lock something with TDC Action release.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

On 1/25/2021 at 3:45 AM, jwbflyer said:

Just repeated the issue. My TDC slew function for DMT works a bit more in horizontal, rather than vertical axis. Seems ..”grabby” like it will move and stop and wont move. I will try to reassign the control to the non-axis function “forward, aft, left, right”. I’ll add a track file later today if the problem persists after changes in assignment.

Have you got anything to work yet or are you still experiencing the smae issues?

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [SOLVED] DMT Slew issue