F-15EX

Cpt Cuckoo

A Channel called "US Military" says "China shocked" ... 😅😂😂

Wonder, how the US Americans could argue, that the Sovjets and Russia are did/doing propaganda TV. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 1/14/2021 at 12:42 AM, Cpt Cuckoo said:

Why not add this into the stable?

20 hours ago, SUBS17 said:

F-15EX with new tech will be awesome.😎

Never going to happen. What you would get (if it pitched up in DCS) is an approximation based upon guesswork. You would be better off taking a Star Wars X-Wing, more is seemingly known about the capabilities of this fictional machine, than the EX you propose.

• Like 2

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

3 hours ago, garyscott said:

Never going to happen. What you would get (if it pitched up in DCS) is an approximation based upon guesswork. You would be better off taking a Star Wars X-Wing, more is seemingly known about the capabilities of this fictional machine, than the EX you propose.

We have the A-10C II and that aircraft is from last year! It is the newest technology on an aircraft ever modeled in DCS.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

12 hours ago, SUBS17 said:

We have the A-10C II and that aircraft is from last year! It is the newest technology on an aircraft ever modeled in DCS.

The A-10C modelled is not that new, many of the systems modelled being (like Scorpion for instance) around 4 years old, the -10C2 program effectively being 11 years old now. It really isn’t ‘that’ new.

The -15EX is an order of magnitude more advanced. You will not be getting accurate systems modelling on this bird were it to come to fruition. It would be artistic speculation.

Edited by garyscott
  • Like 2

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

11 hours ago, garyscott said:

The A-10C modelled is not that new, many of the systems modelled being (like Scorpion for instance) around 4 years old, the -10C2 program effectively being 11 years old now. It really isn’t ‘that’ new.

The -15EX is an order of magnitude more advanced. You will not be getting accurate systems modelling on this bird were it to come to fruition. It would be artistic speculation.

No, some of that technology is more recent.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

1 minute ago, SUBS17 said:

No, some of that technology is more recent.

Please feel free to list.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 1:24 AM, garyscott said:

Sounds good...Let's have a Star Wars map for that X-Wing too!

43 minutes ago, Cpt Cuckoo said:

Sounds good...Let's have a Star Wars map for that X-Wing too!

😁 I’ll have dibs on a TIE, see you up there! Lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TotenDead said:

So, no money for 5th gen, huh? That's why US buys 4th gen crap, huh?

C'mon, not this patriotic BS again. Not every discussion about planes has to be about which country has the biggest (budget). I for one am happy that the US is keeping the F-15 in the air. I feel like this is similar to what we see in the car world, where companies take old cars (MG, Jaguar E-type, Porsche 911) and put electric engines in them with more modern suspension, brakes, etc. The car still looks old/classic but it is very modern underneath, and so we can keep enjoying them into the 2020's in real life instead of museums.

Not sure how excited I would be for this 15EX in DCS though, probably another glass cockpit monstrosity with half its actual capabilities not represented due to secrets. I'd rather have an old-school 15C from the 80's in full fidelity to go against that "planned" 29A 9-12.

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 5

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 10:04 PM, Qiou87 said:

C'mon, not this patriotic BS again. Not every discussion about planes has to be about which country has the biggest (budget). I for one am happy that the US is keeping the F-15 in the air. I feel like this is similar to what we see in the car world, where companies take old cars (MG, Jaguar E-type, Porsche 911) and put electric engines in them with more modern suspension, brakes, etc. The car still looks old/classic but it is very modern underneath, and so we can keep enjoying them into the 2020's in real life instead of museums.

Not sure how excited I would be for this 15EX in DCS though, probably another glass cockpit monstrosity with half its actual capabilities not represented due to secrets. I'd rather have an old-school 15C from the 80's in full fidelity to go against that "planned" 29A 9-12.

Both would be good addons in DCS, the F-15EX is new so we'd have to wait and see what it can do. F-15E would be a good addon as well.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

1 minute ago, SUBS17 said:

Both would be good addons in DCS, the F-15EX is new so we'd have to wait and see what it can do. F-15E would be a good addon as well.

Well the Strike Eagle is in development by Razbam, hopefully it will come at some point and in a decent state. As you say though, the EX is too new probably to be in DCS, not enough available data I guess.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

4 hours ago, TotenDead said:

What was changed? Except some unterDAS sensors

Off the top of my head:

Advanced Display Core Processor (ADCP) II (The most power computer processing system on any fighter jet apparently)

Eagle Passive Active Warning Survivability System (EPAWSS)

Fly-by-Wire

New cockpit

7 часов назад, Blaze1 сказал:

Advanced Display Core Processor (ADCP) II (The most power computer processing system on any fighter jet apparently)

Sounds important. What new capabilities does it provide to 15XE compared to F-35, for example?

Eagle Passive Active Warning Survivability System (EPAWSS)

So, new ECM, ok

Fly-by-Wire

Ooof, finally, it took only 50 years to install it

I also heared it has something similar to DAS, is that true?

On 1/19/2021 at 9:04 AM, Qiou87 said:

Absolutely! The last thing DCS needs IMO is another post 2000s BLUFOR aircraft with absolutely nothing comparable or even contemporary. I imagine it would be like flying a faster and more manoeuvrable airliner, rippling off an ungodly amount of AIM-120Ds (which are knocking on the door of the range of the Phoenix), with a super duper AESA RADAR (which would be something completely new in DCS, the only phased array RADARs we have in DCS are super simplified) and going back.

I'd rather get an early 80s contemporary to the MiG-29 9.12 be it an F-15 or an F-16, it would fit DCS a lot better than this would, and in all likelihood, would be far easier to make, let alone get completed.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

11 hours ago, TotenDead said:

Sounds important. What new capabilities does it provide to 15XE compared to F-35, for example?

So, new ECM, ok

Ooof, finally, it took only 50 years to install it

I also heared it has something similar to DAS, is that true?

I forgot to mention an additional stores station on each wing, as will as an increase in its weapons load (weight).

I don't believe it features any system similar to DAS.