Radar/FLIR FOV binding

Do you have a MAV up on the other DDI?  Even while the FLIR has TDC priority if you have a MAV up on the other DDI that button will control the MAV not the FLIR and you'll have to use the OSB on the DDI to control it on the FLIR.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 4:02 PM, johnnychemo said:

I'm not able to change WIDE & NARROW on the FLIR using this keybind - is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?

I also read in Chuck's guide that a long press of that button will switch between CCD & FLIR modes. If so that doesn't work either.

Bug or me again?

Thanks!!

Works perfectly for me (VR user).  If you have a Maverick selected - the RAID/FLIR FOV button will not work to change from WIDE/NAR view (or change the TGP image from CCD to thermal imaging).

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

It is odd how the Maverick overrides the DDI authority, but if it is so, then it is so.

But that laser maverick that doesn't even have a FOV setrinf would override it from SOI of TGP, that is odd...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

On 1/15/2021 at 2:35 AM, johnnychemo said:

Even if you are using a laser Maverick? 

I would have thought that as long as the FLIR was SOI then any sensor commands would flow to it rather than the weapon. 

It does indeed, as another stated - even though FOV has no functionality with an AGM65 laser variant.

Apparently they've stated this is correct behavior.  Seems exceptionally odd to me as well, and if were a system I designed - certainly wouldn't have programmed it that way (in real life).

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

9 hours ago, Ziptie said:

... if were a system I designed - certainly wouldn't have programmed it that way (in real life)...

Agree with Ziptie! It seems totally illogical, a design flaw. Even if it works that way in the real thing, that's not a good reason to replicate the design flaw in the sim.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

31 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

Agree with Ziptie! It seems totally illogical, a design flaw. Even if it works that way in the real thing, that's not a good reason to replicate the design flaw in the sim.

It's a sim. That's the reason why even design flaws should be replicated. Don't you think?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BarTzi said:

It's a sim. That's the reason why even design flaws should be replicated. Don't you think?

No, I don't. But I respect other people's opinion.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

21 hours ago, Ziptie said:

It does indeed, as another stated - even though FOV has no functionality with an AGM65 laser variant.

Apparently they've stated this is correct behavior.  Seems exceptionally odd to me as well, and if were a system I designed - certainly wouldn't have programmed it that way (in real life).

Cheers,

Ziptie

Well that answers it then, thank you for clearing it up!