Updated models and textures for all weapons carried by the Mi-24P

Most of the weapons carried by the Mi-24P have been present in the sim for quite a long time. As a result of this their 3D/2D quality has started to fall behind (some worse than others, compare B-8V20A to UB-32A for example). I'm wondering if ED is planning to redo the visuals of all weapons planned for the Hind. I think we can take for granted that ED will rework the UB-32A since its model is archaic, but I'm not too sure about slightly newer models like the B-8V20A or 9M114 Shturm. I'm hoping for all weapons to be updated to the higher standard of the Mi-24P.

Shturm missiles look ok, but not amazing, so perhaps they will see a refresh, perhaps not. But Atakas, when they arrive later, will be new I think, because right now even AI Mi-28s fire Shturms instead of them. At least it was last I checked them.

As for the UB-32, the ones from MiG-21 do look rather good in my opinion, but the thing is, I don't think it will be among the weapons used by our Mi-24P. S-5 rockets were retired from helicopters by Russia quite a while ago as far as I know. That is why we don't have them on Mi-8MTV2 either, and latest we hear of developmet team seems like rockets we will have access to will be S-8, S-13, and S-24. Don't think it will be a huge deal to be honest. While 128 rockets on tap sounds cool, my experience with S-5s in DCS tells me they aren't really all that better than a decent 30mm gun :P. Choice between S-8, S-13, and S-24 gives ample options for various levels of "lots of dakka" and "big boom" 🙂

Looks a few of the weapon capabilities like Ataka and R-60 will be added later after early access release. So I think we will most likely get majority of early access weapons being what already exist in sim at first.

Modules:

MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Hawk T1A, C-101, FC3, A-10C, CA, Mirage 2000C, Gazelle, L-39, MiG-15Bis, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, Yak-52, Christen Eagle II, MiG-19, I-16, JF-17, F-14, F/A-18C, Fw-190A8, AV-8B/NA, Spitifre IX

Mods:

A-4E, MB-339, Edge 540

Utility modules:

Combined Arms, NS 430 GPS

9 minutes ago, WinterH said:

As for the UB-32, the ones from MiG-21 do look rather good in my opinion, but the thing is, I don't think it will be among the weapons used by our Mi-24P.

No need to guess, the list of weapons is public and it includes the S-5 pods.

Ah, you're right, I was wrong, checked what's said by ED so far on the module and S-5 is mentioned a few times indeed. Cool, I'll still lug them around every now and then for novelty, they may be like mosquitos in power, but there would be 128 of them on board 😄 

Edited by WinterH

Modules:

MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Hawk T1A, C-101, FC3, A-10C, CA, Mirage 2000C, Gazelle, L-39, MiG-15Bis, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, Yak-52, Christen Eagle II, MiG-19, I-16, JF-17, F-14, F/A-18C, Fw-190A8, AV-8B/NA, Spitifre IX

Mods:

A-4E, MB-339, Edge 540

Utility modules:

Combined Arms, NS 430 GPS