A-G Gun not firing? New employment requirements?

virulosity

I noticed that if I am in a dive steeper than ~20 degrees the gun will not fire, this used to not be the case.  Don't know if this is a feature or a bug.  If it's a feature, do you know how to disable it?  

I would give you a track, but the replay accuracy is so bad that the bird never makes it off the Tarawa 😉

Thanks

I was wondering this too. I just assumed there was some kind of criteria for firing it, but there is no documentation about it and I can't seem to find a pattern.

If it is as intended then not being able to fire steeper than 20 degrees seems a bit weird... and makes your strafing a bit of a dangerous affair!

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

@RAZBAM: Is it too much to ask that things like that get documented, so we can read up on it to understand what's going on? It's really frustrating if the aircraft suddenly behaves different (gun not firing when it used to in the past) and you don't understand what's going on :noexpression:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

vor 5 Stunden schrieb QuiGon:

@RAZBAM: Is it too much to ask that things like that get documented, so we can read up on it to understand what's going on? It's really frustrating if the aircraft suddenly behaves different (gun not firing when it used to in the past) and you don't understand what's going on :noexpression:

Well indirectly RB announced this in the changelog... But it is true one can actually expect that such a change is documented in the manual by the software manufacturer. And balticdragon is already in the middle of it:

image.png

Unfortunately, it still takes a little while before we get the current manual. What surprises me that in Chuck's guide to the Harrier this change was not noted...perhaps forgotten? (It's not a reproach to Chuck!)

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

2 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

I don't like this feature. Those guns should be electrically driven with pneumatic backup. GAU-12 is supposed to be 25mm 5 barrel variant of Vulcan. But Wiki does state that external pod mounts are pneumatically driven.

Everything on this airplane has to do with weight. Electrically driven adds weight that has to be sacrificed somewhere else. So you either get less fuel, less ordnance, less avionics, etc. IRL these are a POS and hardly ever get fired. When they do get fired they jam or hardly, if ever, come back empty and I have seen these actually frag themselves (usually due to pilot error, firing too low/too steep or once, and it was a full bird Colonel, swore that two rounds impacted in mid-air and fragged his jet because there is no way he did something wrong...)

• Like 1