Jump to content

AGM-65 Maverick training mission stuck at MAV page


Recommended Posts

In the beginning of the training mission you're asked to press OSB 14 on the right MFCD to open the MAV page after turning on the EO power. Apparently this has been moved to the left MFCD (where it's visible and accessible) but because of this, the tutorial won't continue even after pressing the spacebar key multiple times. Pressing OSB14 on the right MFCD also does not continue the training.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, this is fixed internally and will be in a future patch.

 

thanks

  • Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 12:26 PM, Zaneboy said:

In the beginning of the training mission you're asked to press OSB 14 on the right MFCD to open the MAV page after turning on the EO power. Apparently this has been moved to the left MFCD (where it's visible and accessible) but because of this, the tutorial won't continue even after pressing the spacebar key multiple times. Pressing OSB14 on the right MFCD also does not continue the training.

 

Until their "internally fixed" version comes out to the public:

You can press and hold OSB 14, select MAV from the DTS, then press OSB 14 again.

This will now place the MAV screen on the right MFD and you can continue with the training mission (to get yourself practice/training).

This is also a good thing to know, being able to place different sensor displays on different screens (in the case of a fault or damage, etc etc).
 


Cheers and happy hunting,

 

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x400 gig SSD drives (one soley for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

 

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ziptie said:

 

Until their "internally fixed" version comes out to the public:

You can press and hold OSB 14, select MAV from the DTS, then press OSB 14 again.

This will now place the MAV screen on the right MFD and you can continue with the training mission (to get yourself practice/training).

This is also a good thing to know, being able to place different sensor displays on different screens (in the case of a fault or damage, etc etc).
 


Cheers and happy hunting,

 

Ziptie

Thanks for the tip, much appreciated.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hoping someone sees this soon and can help. Having been away from DCS for a couple of years I too need to refresh with tutorials. And I too am stuck at this point. I have tried Zipties suggestions and have been successful twice after much button mashing at swapping the MFDs. Just came back from a third try and no joy. It is mapped to coolie as a long press and it does bring up twin displays, both left and right. but subsequent presses don't swap it. For the life of me I don't know how I got it to work those two time but I was following Zips instruction. But button mashing does not bring up a twin. I really need to follow thru with the training exercise so I hope someone can help. My game is up to date. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MoToad said:

Hoping someone sees this soon and can help. Having been away from DCS for a couple of years I too need to refresh with tutorials. And I too am stuck at this point. I have tried Zipties suggestions and have been successful twice after much button mashing at swapping the MFDs. Just came back from a third try and no joy. It is mapped to coolie as a long press and it does bring up twin displays, both left and right. but subsequent presses don't swap it. For the life of me I don't know how I got it to work those two time but I was following Zips instruction. But button mashing does not bring up a twin. I really need to follow thru with the training exercise so I hope someone can help. My game is up to date. 

If you are looking to display the DSMS on both pages, it's coolie switch aft (down) long .  If you are talking about the command to 'swap' the displays, yes that is indeed gone - but I don't recall actually needing to do the latter in the Maverick training mission....

 

Glad the 'work around' was able to get you past that point.

 

 

Cheers,

 

Ziptie


Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x400 gig SSD drives (one soley for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

 

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Link to post
Share on other sites

The training stops because the original is done on the right Display. So the button is highlighted waiting for my input. Clicking on the left display won't allow the next step. So, you have to swap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2021 at 11:02 AM, MoToad said:

The training stops because the original is done on the right Display. So the button is highlighted waiting for my input. Clicking on the left display won't allow the next step. So, you have to swap.

 

 

This gets you through the training.  Just follow the steps.  It's also good training, for if you have one of the MFDs fail in flight - so you can still display the desired sensor(s).

 

Did my best to make it exceptionally easy to read and follow.... Seems to have helped others - and I tested myself, gets you all the way through the training mission.

 

 

 

Cheers,

 

Ziptie


Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x400 gig SSD drives (one soley for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

 

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Link to post
Share on other sites

And as I stated in a previous post (as has ED in their official post) - there is no longer a "swap" function of the MFDs, you you just simply need to have the MAV screen displayed on the right MFD.  Probably easier to place the TGP on the left MFD for this training mission as well - so you can view both (if desired) without switching between the two, on the same MFD.

 

 

Cheers,

 

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x400 gig SSD drives (one soley for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

 

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...