No proper communication after carrier landing.

Dhuntman

What easy comms do is just receiving and transmitting any comms disregarding the frequency set. It does not make automatic calls for proper comms with carrier ATC. It's on you depending on Case I/II/III. Have a read:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/dcs_supercarrier_operations_guide/

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Page 57 states :

For a CASE II recovery, you will radio “see you at 10” when the aircraft is 10 nm from the carrier just as on a Case I recovery. Radio control is transferred from the approach controller to the tower controller. At this point, the pilot performs an overhead break and landing. No Case I holding stack is required.

Out from 10 miles I report in 10 miles out and I even pass by the starboard side of the ship at 800ft out at about a mile then break left and start my descending, keeping it within about 3 miles of the carrier... But all I get is radio options "Commencing"  Platform"... once I am about a mile or less to the ship on my final approach, there's no call the ball routine and LSO commands like I get with a Case I.

I get the same message "No communication.  🙁

I'm on 127.50 unless I am using the wrong radio channel or something. But why on Case I approaches I am fine, but case II it seems to not establish final radio commands?  I've been reading, looking at videos... Respectfully requesting:

What am I failing to do or missing?

Sometimes I get lost or stuck in my head when I hear a female voice tell me to "switch approach"  I can't find that in the book so far.

2. Well.. I tried it again, Case II. From 21 miles out I hear "Switch Approach. What's that?   Then 10 miles out I check in. Come in straight... no opportunity to call the ball after ILS and TACAN and needles are perfect.. Where's the LSO?  If I land I'll get "No communication no grade, I bolted through like Dhuntman was talking abut, circle around, Get a switch approach message again... I choose "Commencing anyway"... I land without any LSO directive or call the ball opportunity...and I get a grade.

Am I doing something wrong? Maybe if I create my own mission it will respond differently?

Edited by DragonFlySlayer
Added information, trying to learn Case II radio
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DragonFlySlayer said:

I hear a female voice tell me to "switch approach"  I can't find that in the book so far.

Approach: Shortly after leaving the marshal stack, you will be handed off to the Approach controller. Marshal will transmit: [SIDE NUMBER], switch approach.
You will acknowledge with [SIDE NUMBER].

btw: It might be bugged atm.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Thanks. I also downloaded and watched that Case III Radio coms video from Wagner.  This seemed to also help me with what I think was my main problem ,as I was not flying the correct holding pattern.   And keeping the correct range altitude and time assigned in a sense. I was doing it all wrong.  I was flying straight in.

Wagner's video seemed to break it all down in sequence and it all seems to make a lot more sense now.  Seems like maybe too, it wasn't explained like the video he put out compared to what I was reading.🐒

😬

I'll work on it.

Thanx!

• 4 weeks later...

One thing that happens though is, I'll be coming n and call the ball... the LSO will just about every time say Power...POWER.... sometimes he'll say your left or   your low... but often , by the time I will touch the carrier deck and about the time my hook snags the wire, the LSO states  "Wave Off" He is often  LATE. And repetitive.  Can't very well wave off when the hook has as I put it in MIL power.   The hook'

s got me so maybe the LSO is  ....    "Wrong"    😬

Edited by DragonFlySlayer

1 hour ago, DragonFlySlayer said:

One thing that happens though is, I'll be coming n and call the ball... the LSO will just about every time say Power...POWER.... sometimes he'll say your left or   your low... but often , by the time I will touch the carrier deck and about the time my hook snags the wire, the LSO states  "Wave Off" He is often  LATE. And repetitive.  Can't very well wave off when the hook has as I put it in MIL power.   The hook'

s got me so maybe the LSO is  ....    "Wrong"    😬

Right ! This happens to me from time to time. There is NO way to wave off when being held by the wire. Strange habbit.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

• 2 months later...

Argh....I train almost daily with @Bankler case 1 recovery trainer.  This bug is just beyond frustrating.  I'd say I get this NC grade 30% of the time.  I scored a 65 this morning on the trainer, performed the ball call at . 7 miles and even called the carrier to establish inbound at beginning.  🙄

I'll try and grab a track next time.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod