AMRAAM ECM interactions (unsure if intended or not)

dundun92

After seeing some threads regarding the tomcats ECM trashing AMRAAMs/SD-10s, I attempted to reproduce, and found that it isnt a tomcat thing, but how the AMRAAM interacts with chaff + quick ECM blinking. If you constantly turn ECM on/off, and deploy chaff at the same time, the AMRAAM will get trashed, and behave as if it were notched, and will not reacquire. Now, I know that IRL chaff + ECM would have effects (potentially similar) on ARH missiles, and this could very well be semi-realistic, but that isnt the question here. What I would like to know is this specific interaction, and how its 100% reproducible in 100% of situations (e.g, as long as you have chaff and blinkable ECM you are 100% immune from AMRAAMs/SD-10s), is intended behavior from ED, or not. Tracks attached below:

The tracks "ECM Blink" and "ECM Blink_ECM+chaff" involve usage of both ECM and chaff, while "ECM Blink_ECM" is ECM only. Plane used is Mirage 2000C.

ECM Blink_ECM.trk ECM Blink.trk ECM Blink_ECM+chaff.trk ECM Blink_ECM+chaff.acmi ECM Blink_ECM.acmi ECM Blink.acmi

• Like 2

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Video as well:

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Thanks dundun. It's nice to see that the bug i reported originally is getting lots of attention. 

I thank ED for the missiles API updates which makes their intercept geometry far more realistic and challenging to trash. It does seem however this bug is related to said update unfortunately. 

Though a lot is classified for jammers, it is unlikely that what we're seeing today is the intent especially since the missiles are affected all the way to Rmin when one would expect jamming to be effective primarily at BVR ranges.

Edited by SgtPappy