Module Delete Does Not Work

Simple question - why when you uninstall a module and erase it from the ED module manager screen does it not actually delete the large folders within mods/aircraft.

I noted as i tried a free module over the Christmas period and note that despite removing it from the game, the files remain. 

Also i note i've had this before with other modules that i've taken off such as the channel map (poor performance still and because of this it's not been taken up by the MP community so pointless 18Gb having it on the PC).

Can you ensure if you delete a module, it deletes,  please.  Just stands out as bad coding to be honest.

---------------------------------------------------------------

DCS | F14B | AV-8B | F18C | F16C | A10C | JF17 | Viggen | L-39 | MIG 15 | SU27 | SU33 | F15 | MI8 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | Spitfire | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria

Liquid Cooled i7 9700K @ 5Ghz & OC RTX2080 Ti Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 500GB SSD m2 | Oculus Rift S | TM Warthog | Virpil T50/Warbrd Base | Cougar MFD | Saitek Side Panel | Steel Series Arctis 7 Heaphones

On 1/12/2021 at 7:25 PM, Hawkeye_UK said:

Simple question - why when you uninstall a module and erase it from the ED module manager screen does it not actually delete the large folders within mods/aircraft.

I noted as i tried a free module over the Christmas period and note that despite removing it from the game, the files remain. 

Also i note i've had this before with other modules that i've taken off such as the channel map (poor performance still and because of this it's not been taken up by the MP community so pointless 18Gb having it on the PC).

Can you ensure if you delete a module, it deletes,  please.  Just stands out as bad coding to be honest.

I also have this problem