DCS freezes after about roughly 10-20 minutes

Sixtynines

Hey guys!

Been lurking around the forums a bit trying to find a solution to my issue. I've found a bunch of threads with a similar issue i'm having but none of the suggestions helped.
My issue: DCS freezes after about 10-20 minutes in multiplayer. The game itself works perfectly fine and is smooth until it just freezes, the sound is gone and i have to hard reset my PC every time. I've updated windows 10, re-installed DCS etc. I've never had this issue before. I have tim mention, i recently installed a new PSU and 16GB of extra RAM. Ever since then it's been happening (DCS freezing). But only in Multiplayer, so it can't be an issue with my PSU or the extra RAM. Any help would be appreciated. Down below I have my system specs and i'll also pin my dcs.logs for everyone to review, since i myself have no clue what all that means (fairly new to PC).

My system specs: 

GPU: Radeon RX 570 Series

VRAM: 4096 MB GDDR5 1750 MHz

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 4 Cores

RAM: 32 GB

dcs.log

@Taz1004If you're talking about the "Can't open model F-16C_oblomok_wing_" messages, they're OK: they show up in the log when someones flies the F-16C.

@SixtyninesPlease attach your dxdiag log ( guide to obtain it). Also, open "cmd" Windows utility, launch the following command and paste the return here:

wmic pagefile list /format:list

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

3 hours ago, Flappie said:

@Taz1004If you're talking about the "Can't open model F-16C_oblomok_wing_" messages, they're OK: they show up in the log when someones flies the F-16C.

@SixtyninesPlease attach your dxdiag log ( guide to obtain it). Also, open "cmd" Windows utility, launch the following command and paste the return here:

wmic pagefile list /format:list

How come I don't get that?  I don't even see those files on my computer.  I do have Viper.

5 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

How come I don't get that?  I don't even see those files on my computer.  I do have Viper.

@Taz1004I have no idea, really, but I see it all the time in other people's logs.

@SixtyninesThank you. I see you have an SSD as your system disk (C:\) and an HDD (D:\). Your pagefile is stored on the SSD, which is a very good thing. I see DCS is installed on the SSD, which is also a very good thing. However, you have only 11 GB of free space left on your SSD. You should tidy up your C:\ drive. Uninstall modules you have't been using for the last year, and empty your Windows trashcan, for instance. Maybe you can also copy files from your C:\ drive to your D:\ drive (but not DCS!).

If you keep having the same issue, please launch Windows Resource Monitor, maximize its window, and click on the Disk tab. Then launch a DCS instant action mission, and go back to the Resource Monitor. Tick the "dcs.exe" box, take a few screenshots and attach them here. We'll be able to see your disk response times.

Ok, thanks Flappie! It seems like i have found the issue. I took out the new RAM and left my old 16GB RAM in the PC. I then did a test flight in multiplayer and ended up being able to play for 1 1/2 hours with no issues at all. Usually it would have crashed after 10 min. Looks like the new RAM doesn't work well together. Even though it's the exact same RAM.

Oh. Then either the RAM is faulty, or it's something to do with the motherboard. You should test this the other way around to check your new RAM (remove the former 16GB one and put in the new 16GB one).

What's the model of your motherboard? I can't find it in your dxdiag log.