How to remove the bottom plate of Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals?

Direwolf

I believe I´m having some serious problem with my rudder pedals. I can´t have full extension to the left, and I read it could possibly be something related to the potentiometers. I tried to remove the bottom plate, to clean the interior. After removing a myriad of screws on the edges, something is still preventing me to access the interior of the rudder. The center of the bottom plate is still stuck and I am afraid to force to open it,  an break the plate (it is plastic!). I tried to find some youtube video showing the procedure, but no joy! Any pictures, video or instructions?

Is this what you are looking for?  I used a version of this procedure a year ago to remove the annoying Center Detent on my pedals.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

9 hours ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

Is this what you are looking for?  I used a version of this procedure a year ago to remove the annoying Center Detent on my pedals.

Exactly! Thank you very much! Just another dumb question: do you know where are located the potentiometers that control the lateral movements? I mean, because i can´t get full extension to the left I believe cleaning the potentiometers I´ll solve the problem. Of course, it can be they´re faulty/broken. Then this will be another journey to hell......

4 hours ago, Direwolf said:

Exactly! Thank you very much! Just another dumb question: do you know where are located the potentiometers that control the lateral movements? I mean, because i can´t get full extension to the left I believe cleaning the potentiometers I´ll solve the problem. Of course, it can be they´re faulty/broken. Then this will be another journey to hell......

Got it! Opened it, cleaned and it is working like a charm! THX.