Oculus is gatecrashing my DCS sessions!

Brainfreeze

I have a G2 and a quest 2 but only use the G2 for DCS (much better)... I also have Skatezilla's DCS utility installed.  

I noticed that when I launch DCS (either through DCS utility or just directly through the DCS desktop icon) it opens steamVR (normal) but also the oculus app...which is not needed since I use the G2.  

Also noticed that in Skatezilla's utility, under application settings and then VR it has both steamVR and Oculus there and Oculus has a ticked box next to it but SteamVR's box is unticked and I cannot untick or tick any of them.

Someone knows how I can prevent this oculus app from launching automatically with DCS? 

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

Go to the Oculus shortcut >  Properties > Compatibility Tab > Tick the "Compatibility Mode" and "Run this program as an administrator" boxes and hey presto. 

Saw this in another thread so all kudos goes to them.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

23 hours ago, Krupi said:

Go to the Oculus shortcut >  Properties > Compatibility Tab > Tick the "Compatibility Mode" and "Run this program as an administrator" boxes and hey presto. 

Saw this in another thread so all kudos goes to them.

Thks Krupi for the tip.  works indeed

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

I just went into services and set the Oculus runtime to manual rather than auto.

Took care of it for me. This way none of the Oculus services are running unless I manually launch them.

Still have my Rift S and may use it from time to time, so far I haven't though. Left a couple Oculus games on my drive I may go back to finish at some point.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I just went into services and set the Oculus runtime to manual rather than auto.
Took care of it for me. This way none of the Oculus services are running unless I manually launch them.
Still have my Rift S and may use it from time to time, so far I haven't though. Left a couple Oculus games on my drive I may go back to finish at some point.

Dburne, You could use revive to play
Oculus games with the g2.
I use it with the index and it is perfect.
i also configured the service as you said (to start manually) but then I use oculus tray tool setup in a way that when it starts (as I launch it) it starts also the
Oculus service and stops it when I close OTT.
So if you want to get rid of your Rift S this way you won’t lose oculus games.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

16 minutes ago, VirusAM said:

Dburne, You could use revive to play
Oculus games with the g2.
I use it with the index and it is perfect.
i also configured the service as you said (to start manually) but then I use oculus tray tool setup in a way that when it starts (as I launch it) it starts also the
Oculus service and stops it when I close OTT.
So if you want to get rid of your Rift S this way you won’t lose oculus games.

Yeah good point, I have known about Revive and kept it in the back of my mind.

I may do just that. Right now my flight sims are occupying almost all my time.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|