Solution to mouse issues ( window out of focus etc)

markturner1960

Hi, I managed to resolve this annoying issue - it is caused as best as I can see by selecting the option "cursor confined to game window" I had this selected, thinking it was keeping the cursor within DCS....but it appears that it is the cause of losing the mouse and getting all those "window out of focus" messages and not being able to reach switches etc at the edge of the pit.....

I deselected it and Voila....everything is cool.....

Hope this helps.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

5 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi, I managed to resolve this annoying issue - it is caused as best as I can see by selecting the option "cursor confined to game window" I had this selected, thinking it was keeping the cursor within DCS....but it appears that it is the cause of losing the mouse and getting all those "window out of focus" messages and not being able to reach switches etc at the edge of the pit.....

I deselected it and Voila....everything is cool.....

Hope this helps.....

Not sure I would agree with you on that.  In my experience, unchecking that box can lead to all sorts of issues with the mouse activating things on the desktop etc. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Well I only had one flight to test for approx 45 mins and had zero issues.....the last flight I did before the change, I had maybe 30 instances of “window out of focus” message and losing the mouse.....This weekend will give me a chance to properly test, but I generally  minimise everything anyway. If it continues like this I will be a happy man as this was my major bugbear with VR......

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 5 months later...

Also move the task bar to the side instead of the bottom as well as unchecking the option "confine curser to game window." The task bar is easily opened on the bottom while playing vr for dcs. Moving the task bar to the side puts it far from the vr gaming window.

The only working solution for me is, switching the DCS window on the desktop into full screen mode by clicking ALT + Enter.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

16 hours ago, Rosebud47 said:

The only working solution for me is, switching the DCS window on the desktop into full screen mode by clicking ALT + Enter.

Yup.  That's what I do too, because even if you have "cursor confined to game window" selected, its still possible for the cursor to jump outside it just long enough for you to click on something.  I find this happens when flipping switches to the rear of the left and right side consoles.  ALT + Enter makes it so that never can happen.

• Thanks 1

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: