Solution to mouse issues ( window out of focus etc)

Hi, I managed to resolve this annoying issue - it is caused as best as I can see by selecting the option "cursor confined to game window" I had this selected, thinking it was keeping the cursor within DCS....but it appears that it is the cause of losing the mouse and getting all those "window out of focus" messages and not being able to reach switches etc at the edge of the pit.....

I deselected it and Voila....everything is cool.....

Hope this helps.....

System specs: Scan 3XS i9 9900K @5ghz, 32GB Corsair veng DDR4 2666, EVGA GTX 2080ti Win 10. Reverb G2 , 50 inch 4K Phillips monitor. Real simulator FSSB R3 with F-16 SGRH grip and warthog with RS F-18 grip, plus Cubesim TM MFD's, Tir5. Winwing F-18 throttle, Tek creations UFC, panels. Cougar throttle & TUSBA, plus ICP for the Viper. MFG crosswind rudders. Jet seat and butt kicker..

VR Settings: 90% (90 & 100 ), motion re projection locked 45 FPS, MSAA x2, shadows off, water med, terrain low, draw distance med, no aniso. DCS PD =1.    15ms GPU frame time & super smooth....looks great too.

5 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi, I managed to resolve this annoying issue - it is caused as best as I can see by selecting the option "cursor confined to game window" I had this selected, thinking it was keeping the cursor within DCS....but it appears that it is the cause of losing the mouse and getting all those "window out of focus" messages and not being able to reach switches etc at the edge of the pit.....

I deselected it and Voila....everything is cool.....

Hope this helps.....

Not sure I would agree with you on that.  In my experience, unchecking that box can lead to all sorts of issues with the mouse activating things on the desktop etc. 

Intel i9 10900K 5.1GHz · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil WarBRD Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM2 · Virpil Alpha Grip · HP Reverb G2

Well I only had one flight to test for approx 45 mins and had zero issues.....the last flight I did before the change, I had maybe 30 instances of “window out of focus” message and losing the mouse.....This weekend will give me a chance to properly test, but I generally  minimise everything anyway. If it continues like this I will be a happy man as this was my major bugbear with VR......

System specs: Scan 3XS i9 9900K @5ghz, 32GB Corsair veng DDR4 2666, EVGA GTX 2080ti Win 10. Reverb G2 , 50 inch 4K Phillips monitor. Real simulator FSSB R3 with F-16 SGRH grip and warthog with RS F-18 grip, plus Cubesim TM MFD's, Tir5. Winwing F-18 throttle, Tek creations UFC, panels. Cougar throttle & TUSBA, plus ICP for the Viper. MFG crosswind rudders. Jet seat and butt kicker..

VR Settings: 90% (90 & 100 ), motion re projection locked 45 FPS, MSAA x2, shadows off, water med, terrain low, draw distance med, no aniso. DCS PD =1.    15ms GPU frame time & super smooth....looks great too.