MI-8 Refuling out of airport!

Hello, 

In real life, at least here in Bosnia, we have a lot of fire on forests, and than our Army take off with Mi8 from mother airport and goes to this postion which is not that close to airports and citys, where the forest taken fire.. And then when pilots fly like 3 hours and they stop flying, they take a break..

They land helicopter on some football stadion or some field and get out of helicopter, and wait for ground crew do their job, ground crew is following helicopter from ground with Fuel truck and APA truck, and they come on position where helicopter landed and refuel the helicopter, check all of the things..

Sorry for bad english, hope you undestood text.

And there is my question in DCS..

Can i spawn an Fuel truck in middle of nowhere and refuel my helicopter there, or i need to be in my friendly airport ?

Will be really helpful if i can do that..!

Edited by segax
  • Like 1

If your are comfortable with mods Segax, you should use Upuaut's helipads instead of the monstrosity  FARP we have to deal with for 12 years . Several of those FARPS have a very small footprint (one is even invisible) and can be used as refueling points anywhere you want. Drop some vehicles like what was explained by fudabidu and you'll get a nice refueling/rearming point in this small clearing in the middle of the forest.  

Edited by BaD CrC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fudabidu said:

You need to land on a FARP + you need service vehicles within 150m (see picture)

If you don't like the 2 FARP objects DCS has to offer, there is a mod for Marston Mats. Those also work as FARPs.

h1X2epv.png

Thank you for the lsit.. 

Ill check these, and ill check what guy under said..

4 minutes ago, BaD CrC said:

If your are comfortable with mods Segax, you should use Upuaut's helipads instead of the monstrosity  FARP we have to deal with for 20 years . Several of those FARPS have a very small footprint (one is even invisible) and can be used as refueling points anywhere you want. Drop some vehicles like what was explained by fudabidu and you'll get a nice refueling/rearming point in this small clearing in the middle of the forest.  

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, BaD CrC said:

If your are comfortable with mods Segax, you should use Upuaut's helipads instead of the monstrosity  FARP we have to deal with for 20 years . Several of those FARPS have a very small footprint (one is even invisible) and can be used as refueling points anywhere you want. Drop some vehicles like what was explained by fudabidu and you'll get a nice refueling/rearming point in this small clearing in the middle of the forest.  

But i cant download these mods because its dropbox site, and it says Site cant be reached.. I had same problem when downloading MB 339, and i actually dont know why??

But some great guy sends me MB 339 via mediafire.. If you can send me these mods via mediafire ?(upload them on mediafire) or some other thing?

• Like 1

There is no need for mods, DCS comes with an invisible FARP. Just put it down where you want, put some markings around it so you know where to land and some ground support units to refuel/rearm.

farp1.jpg

farp2.jpg

MI-8_inv_FARP.miz

Edited by unknown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

22 hours ago, fudabidu said:

Since when has there been an invisible FARP object? o.0

What are the exact dimensions of the FARP?

I think 150m around you can use your trucks and everything to refuel and rearm heli..