F-16C vs F/A-18C sales

Cthulhus

Do you think who is the best seller?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think who is the best seller?

• F-16C Viper
    • F/A-18C Hornet

Hello

Do we have some statistics regarding the sales and users of the F-16C vs F/A-18C? I wonder who is the most popular in terms of use and sales here. I try a poll but it may not represent the ED's sales on it.

In real life: 1 480 F/A-18C has been built vs more that 4500 F-16C Vipers. Does this represent the ratio of user here?

Edited by Cthulhus

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

Well I would like to answer both, but there is no option:P

I wouldn't give one the advantage over the other cause I think both planes are very capable and can offer a lot, I own Hornet a little longer then the Viper, over a year, and there is tons of stuff to learn, I am really enjoying it and I can say the same for the Viper, both are worth buying.

1 hour ago, Cthulhus said:

Hello

Do we have some statistics regarding the sales and users of the F-16C vs F/A-18C? I wonder who is the most popular in terms of use and sales here. I try a poll but it may not represent the ED's sales on it.

I am also curious how you would poll, since owning and using it are different things. I own both but I mostly use the Hornet for now, simply because it is more finished. Once the Viper catches up, which should take at least a year, then maybe I'll switch over.

The Hornet has been on sale the longest, it was released a long earlier than the Viper, so it would make sense that more people own it than the Viper. In addition to that, people who already owned the Hornet when the Viper came out might decide to wait since they already have one 4th gen US fighter, until the Viper is further in its development.

I am actually curious about how many ED sold of each module, maybe just as %, but I also doubt we will get an answer.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

There was some generic sales info posted by the boss in another forum.

200K was the sales number about 7 months ago for the Hog. He also mentioned that no matter how finished the module (with reference to Viper / Hornet) is, it cannot sell more than 50k units in its first year.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I remember it was stated some while ago that the Viper has been a great success for Eagle Dynamics but yes would be interesting to know which modul is more popular (Hornet or Viper). I am sure that both are a great success and the Hornet has the advantage of naval operations

You don't need ED to tell you.  Just sample the community and look at the ratio.  Run a poll to see how many have each and both.  Or look at the posting numbers on the forum.  95k to 32k Hornet over Viper gives some sense of how interest is splitting.