setup new virpil warbrd

treasure

Hi Guys

received my new warbrd base, now to attach Thtustmaster warthog stick

instructions say to remove the 2 screws holding warbrd connector onto warbrd base (female connector)

the picture on the virpil site shows the connector sitting on top of the base (see pic in post).  the base i got however must be the next version as the connector housing does not sit on top, only the round connector section appears through  a hole in the base.  if i undo the holding screws then the connector may just fall into the housing below. what do i do here?  btw, the "screws" are actually very small hex keys, which i dont have, so now  a trip to the hardware shop

2021-01-12_15-26-55.png

Well, all I can say is that I used the WH stick and the TM F/A-18 stick in a WarBRD base for a long time without ever removing those screws and I had no problems at all.

I have never fully understood this thing. I mean, the TM sticks are rigidly held in place in the TM Warthog base with screws in place, so why should the Virpil base be any different?

In practice, the tightness of the securing ring keeps everything nicely in place without any rotational movement.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

34 minutes ago, imacken said:

Well, all I can say is that I used the WH stick and the TM F/A-18 stick in a WarBRD base for a long time without ever removing those screws and I had no problems at all.

I have never fully understood this thing. I mean, the TM sticks are rigidly held in place in the TM Warthog base with screws in place, so why should the Virpil base be any different?

In practice, the tightness of the securing ring keeps everything nicely in place without any rotational movement.

Te reason they said remove the 2 screws is if you wanted to offset the stick to the left as the real one is. You can't do that if the plug is screwed to the base unless you use an extension. You can't offset the stick on the Warthog base either unless you use an extension.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

1 minute ago, Lucky said:

Te reason they said remove the 2 screws is if you wanted to offset the stick to the left as the real one is. You can't do that if the plug is screwed to the base unless you use an extension. You can't offset the stick on the Warthog base either unless you use an extension.

Not sure that is the reason. Certainly not the one that’s been discussed many times over the last year or two. 
By the ‘stick’, I presume you are referring to the WH. But, there are other sticks that fit as well and they may not be offset. 
Pretty sure it’s because of concern - unwarranted, IMO - about damage due to twisting when constrained by both the male and female socket. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

4 minutes ago, imacken said:

Not sure that is the reason. Certainly not the one that’s been discussed many times over the last year or two. 
By the ‘stick’, I presume you are referring to the WH. But, there are other sticks that fit as well and they may not be offset. 
Pretty sure it’s because of concern - unwarranted, IMO - about damage due to twisting when constrained by both the male and female socket. 

I think both are correct.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Just make sure you tighten the main ring sufficiently - but not too much! - and you'll be OK.

10 hours ago, imacken said:

when i refer to the stick, i mean just the joystick itself, not any extension

I was responding to Lucky.