A/G Radar locks up DCS when designating and EXP2

Appears DCS is locking up 0 FPS when using A/G Radar; A/G DDI right on A/G Radar = low fps, then designate spot on A/G Radar = less FPS, then EXP2 = ZERO FPS, will not come back.

Others have had the issue and they checked their resources: GPU went to 0% useage, CPU and ram 100%.

Does not recover...dcs.log

Hi, 

Difficult to tell without a track replay, but from your description I will mark this "reported earlier"

I have a similar report already made to the team which I think is related.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

+1  Had the exact same thing happen to me, twice.  CPU usage stays the same, RAM usage stays the same - GPU usage drops to 0% .

1.  WPTDSG via SA page / HSI

2.  SURF via RDR ATTK display.
3.  EXP1 toggle.

RESULT = DCS locks up, then task manager shows the CPU, RAM and GPU information listed above.

This was approximately 2 hours into a MP session.

Second time, I performed step 1 and 2. 

Then EXP2 toggle. 

Result = DCS locks up, then task manager shows the CPU, RAM and GPU information listed above.

This was approximately 5 minutes after a complete restart of DCS and Oculus software.

Track file writing is disabled in my autoexec.cfg file to mitigate unnecessarily large files being written to my SSD, as I primarily fly MP and they are 4+ hour stints.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x400 gig SSD drives (one soley for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Sounds similar, hopefully the same thing - as you say, you've marked this thread as reported - guessing the link above is the other thread you are referencing.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x400 gig SSD drives (one soley for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

11 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

Difficult to tell without a track replay, but from your description I will mark this "reported earlier"

I have a similar report already made to the team which I think is related.

thank you

I'd agree it's the same issue; track file was massive as several hour MP session on Syria. Thanks.