Generalized Mil Panel

Hello All,

I was sitting with a keyboard in lap back in October and reached a tipping point. I was tired of looking down to find keys, constantly breaking immersion. So, I started buying switches and laying them out on carboard cut-outs. Two months later, and this is where I'm at. Next is the task of hooking things up in a methodical way (I am an engineer, and it should be noted that the real world F/A-18 HOOK lever is attached to the sim base via personally milled aluminum adapter). 

I will be sporadically posting images in the months to come. It won't be much of a "How to" but hopefully some motivation for others of a similar mindset.

Switches.jpg

First project was a minor reworking of the excellent WinWing Hornet throttle by integrated 3x Otto switches. In absence of a boat switch on the F/A-18, I thought it would be a nice addition when flying the A-10C. The push-button switches were also selected to be distinct so there is no tactile confusion about which is being pressed. Adapter collars were turned out of 3/4" aluminum rod.

Throttle 1.jpg

Throttle 2.jpg

Throttle 3.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

In a search for center-mount seat concepts, I stumbled across a pilot's seat complete with a 5-point harness sitting in someone's garage, and for too good of a deal to pass up. Here is a quick-attach assembly for the flight stick. Probably a month out, but the next project is to build a base for the seat and a quick-attach for a rudder plate.

Stick%20Bracket%2001.JPG?dl=1

Stick%20Bracket%2002.jpeg?dl=1

Stick%20Bracket%2005.jpeg?dl=0

Stick%20Bracket%2003.jpeg?dl=1

Stick%20Bracket%2004.jpeg?dl=1

Stick%20Bracket%2005.jpeg?dl=1

Stick%20Bracket%2006.jpeg?dl=1

Stick%20Bracket%2007.jpeg?dl=1

• Like 1

toughest betatester ever!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3 TM MFDs | Realteus ForceFeel | 2x bass shakers

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - NTTR - PG - Mi8 - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II